Easy little BSG prop

Started by the_wasd_man, April 15, 2007, 02:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_wasd_man

I was watching my new BSG DVDs the other day, when I got an idea (and when I get an idea, I usually stick with it). I thought: "What an easy prop would be to make one of 'em clip boards they use on BSG!". And so, the 5 minute project was born. I printed out some papers I made using the BSG logo and such, and cut the corners off. Then I looked around the house to see if I could find a clipboard (I didn't want to have to go buy anything new for this). I found one, but it had two problems: 1. not the right color (the ones on the show are white) but that wasn't a big deal. I mean, a clipboard is a clipboard, right? 2. The A&W logo was engraved into it. Probably the biggest problem. But more important was how did my family get their hands on an A&W clipboard? No matter, really. I figured I could sand it off.

So I get cutting the corners, you can see on the pic that the first one didn't go too well... I'll sand off the marks later... or I might keep them, gives it a used feel. And I still have to sand off the A&W logo.

Anyways, it was a fun little project, and as simple as it is it looks pretty darn good. Now I just need a colonial fleet uniform. ;)

(also, those are my new Titanium BSG ships in the background... thanks George!)

Darkmolerman

Nice, How much was the Cylon bust?
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Rico

Very cool.  The bust is about $50 or so.  Check eBay.

Darkmolerman

Ok :) i REALLY want that Cylon statue!

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Movie Sean

Nice Star Trek DVD's!

Oh and that is a great idea on the clipboard!
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Geekyfanboy

Great idea... hmmm I think I have a clipboard around here :)

Darkmolerman

the_wasd_man

Quote from: Darkmolerman on April 15, 2007, 05:55:10 PM
you have the 2001 DVD!

I have a lot of DVDs! ;)

I'm glad I've "inspired" you guys! :D ;)

Darkmolerman

heh, and whats funny is that most of us diden't even mention the clipboard!

the_wasd_man

lol, yeah. Funny how that worked out. :D ;)

Darkmolerman

lol do want i do, block all other things :)

Kirk-Fu

Nice job on the clipboard. So simple yet never thought of it.

I like the little Raptor. Strangely, it has become my favorite ship. Like a cross between an E2C Hawkeye and an EA6B prowler.
If there was a civlilian version of the Raptor, you could pimp it out like a 70s van :-)

Darkmolerman

Movie Sean

I did forget to mention the clipboard.

That is a sweet prop. 
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Movie Sean

How did you cut the corners?