Rico in Taiwan: May 8th - May 18th

Started by Rico, April 30, 2007, 07:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Well unless something changes, I will be heading to Taiwan for business Tuesday, May 8th and won't be back until May 18th.  I'm trying to take a laptop of some type so I can at least check in, maybe post some photo's, etc.  There will be a special "guest" podcast for the weekend of May 12-13!  But something is in the works to maybe get you a bonus show before I leave town.  I'll keep everyone updated here as to any changes in my plans.     :flying

--- edited with a few changes

Duffster

I hope you have a safe trip Rico, and look forward to any photos you might be able to post.

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Darth Gaos

Safe trip and we will look forward to the pics and miss the podcast

And to quote Doctor Leslie Nielsen from the movie Airplane

"I just want tell you good luck, we're all counting on you."
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

jedijeff

Hopefully you will be able to see Spiderman 3 before you have to leave on your trip. Looking forward to your pictures and your stories of the trip.

Rico

I am going Friday to see Spidey 3!  That's a priority!!  I'm not watching it in Chinese.

jedijeff

Thats good you are going before you leave. I know the two times I went to China, seeing Movies there was a real interesting experience. My wife took me to a English speaking theatre, but it had Chinese Subtitles.  When I bought the tickets, they actually assigned you a seat, and someone guided you to the seat. I was surpised that the ticket prices were about the same as what I would have paid at home, considering everything else was so cheap there.

Rico

Where were you in China Jeff?  I noticed on my last trip the Taiwanese don't seem to care for China much.

the_wasd_man

jedijeff

Quote from: Rico on April 30, 2007, 06:09:25 PM
Where were you in China Jeff?  I noticed on my last trip the Taiwanese don't seem to care for China much.
I was in Southern China, in the Guanxi province in a city called Nanning. It was about an Hours plane trip from Hong Kong. I think there was some sort of split between the two, and I think China wants control of Taiwan, so I think that maybe the reason for the dislike between the two.

Rico

A few changes to my plans.  Leaving a couple of days later now.  See first post here for the update.

moyer777

I wonder how Rico's trip is going?  It's only been two days, and seems funny not having him around on the board. 

Hope all is going well with him.

How is everything going Kenny? 

How is everyone else doing?  Things going well for folks?

Rick M

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Just got to the hotel in the small town of Douliou  (said like "Doo - leo").  Pretty tired, but trip went ok.  Long couple of days gang.

moyer777

Get some rest my friend!  Have a good zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz time.

:laugh:

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Darkmolerman

"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Geekyfanboy

Glad to hear the travel part of your trip went well....