Gentle Giant Slave Leia

Started by Rico, June 14, 2007, 08:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I ordered one of these months back.  At first the piece looked awesome.  But some changes have been made since then.  The biggest one is they covered Leia's "posterior" a bit more.  Some people are finally getting them in and they seem to of made a few other tiny changes.  Her hands seem a bit small and I'm not real happy with the look of the paint application.  Anyone else order one of these?  Gentle Giant really seems to be dropping the ball a bit lately.  Here's a pic of a production version...

jedijeff

I have not been overly impressed with the Gentle Giant Statues to date. The Maquettes look cool, but the Statues, even though they look very nice, just do not really excite me. They seem to lack something to me, and I am not sure what.

Rico

Well I got mine today.  Actually, I think it looks better than the picture above.  The face is very good.  And it doesn't look nearly as shiny.  Has an overall matte type finish.  I like it overall.  I'll probably do a quick review of it on the podcast this weekend.

jedijeff

Thats great that it meets with your approval, look forward to hearing your review on the podcast.

Rico

Link to the pics of mine in my gallery.  I like it quite a bit the more I see it now.

http://www.treksf.com/collection/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=17973

Discussed on this weekend's podcast too!

Dan M

As the father of two daughters, I had to pass on that one (and most slave Leia merchandise).

But it hurt, and I'm very jealous, Rico. 

I've been following this statue since the first glimpses of the prototype.  I don't mind that they covered more of her "posterior";  I still think it's an awesome piece.

PepperDude

That's a fine looking statue of Leia. I'm jealous too Rico. lol

Rico

It's a great piece.  It's also very heavy.  I know there is a fine line on owning some of these types of collectibles.  I do view them as works of art.  Plus I have two sons.  ;)

Dan M

Quote from: pickard on June 17, 2007, 07:59:30 PM
As the father of two daughters, I had to pass on that one (and most slave Leia merchandise).

But it hurt, and I'm very jealous, Rico. 

I talked to my wife about it, and she didn't think the piece was inappropriate.  Though surprised, I wasn't going to argue with her. :)

I got a great deal on eBay last night ($119) using the Make An Offer feature, so I picked it up.

Rico

It's really tastefully done.  I wish GG would do a bit better on the paint applications, but this one isn't too bad.  Love to see some pics of yours and what you think when you get it.