Master Replicas on the ropes...

Started by Bryancd, August 24, 2007, 05:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

As soon as MR was purchased by Corgi, I knew it was the death knell for this great company. Then they lost the liscence to do Star Wars props. Now they have cancelled their Studio Scale X-Wing, which would have been awesome. I give them another 12 months before Corgi throws in the towel on the high end prop replica market and MR is no more.

Rico

Not before my TNG tricorder and Assault Phaser ----  please!  Oh, well.  At least my wallet will be heavier. ;)
But if they do stop making these items, someone else will pick it up I'm sure.

Dan M

Agreed.  It's a shame, but I don't think the void will exist for long.  Someone (maybe even the same people behind MR) will step up and give us our high-end sci-fi collectibles.

jedijeff

I am still hoping that MR can make a go of it without Star Wars, as I would really love to see what they come out with for Star Trek and BSG. I agree that there have been no benefits from the take over from Corgi from my eyes.

Tatooine_Todd

I thought that in addition to the other Trek items they have coming, they are also doing a Studio Scale TOS Klingon Bird off Prey.  Anyone else hear of this?  This is a picture of the ad as posted over on Trekprops.com.

From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto or might be if I start having a motto.

Dan M

Yeah, Todd, I heard about that, and I don't believe those plans have changed.  Thanks for posting the pic.  I hadn't seen that. :)

Rico

Gosh I hope they make all of those still!  Drooling here.....     :jawdrop

iceman

The assault phaser will go on sale sept 12, and the tricorder has been pushed back until the new year.

Rico

I can live with that.  Thanks for the info iceman.

Tatooine_Todd

Quote from: Rico on August 26, 2007, 07:44:59 AM
Gosh I hope they make all of those still!  Drooling here.....     :jawdrop

Tell me about it!  I love all of them, but I gotta have that Klingon ship!
From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto or might be if I start having a motto.

iceman

Just so you know 799 dollars is a lot of money for a non lighting model of the klingon Battlecruiser.

Bryancd

I wouldn't hold your breath for these 'fella's.

Tatooine_Todd

moyer777

That Klingon ship looks so cool!!!!!!!!!!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

I would like the Studio Scale cruiser, but have to agree that 799 seems really high for it. Cool to see the pics for the other two props as well.