New collectible just arrived for me

Started by Rico, August 30, 2007, 05:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Just got this in the mail today.  Do you guys know what this is....  (and no help from Bryan!)

Ktrek

I'm taking a wild, and I mean wild guess here, but is it a pistol from Firefly?

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Nope.  It's from an older SF movie.  Most consider a classic.

Geekyfanboy

My guess is Blade Runner.. but I really don't have a clue.

Blackride

Looks like Deckers(bad spelling) gun from bladerunner..... but a possibly a bit too clean.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

jedijeff

Rico

Yep - it's from Blade Runner.  Wanted one of these for awhile.  I'll discuss it and review it soon on the podcast.  Maybe this weekend on the LIVE show.

Blackride

Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Rico

Blackride

Quote from: Rico on August 30, 2007, 06:12:12 PM
Sci-Fi geek cred points!  

The wife thinks I have too many of those and now my 3yr old daughter is starting to understand daddy is a geek too....

Tatooine_Todd

Quote from: Rico on August 30, 2007, 06:03:16 PM
Yep - it's from Blade Runner.  Wanted one of these for awhile.  I'll discuss it and review it soon on the podcast.  Maybe this weekend on the LIVE show.

Hey Rico,
     It's a beauty!  Is it a Coyle, if not whose?
From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto or might be if I start having a motto.

Rico

Not a Coyle.  But sort of a knock-off.  I'm not a perfectionist for this prop and someone on the Prop Forum got a pretty good deal on some.  I'm planning to make a case for it too.

Dan M

On first glance, I thought it was the Parks Sabers ".44 Cal" but I don't think so.

I'm looking forward to the full review and pics.

Bryancd

Nice. Is that the metal one that came out recently?

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on August 31, 2007, 04:31:03 AM
Nice. Is that the metal one that came out recently?

Nope.  It's a mix of metal and plastic parts.  Again, not the top of the line for this piece but it's nice looking I think.