Facebook

Started by Rico, November 10, 2007, 05:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on October 03, 2008, 05:21:29 PM
Okay we are up to 12 members.. but still no Rico :( don't you want to join your own fan page :)

If you use Facebook come join us... http://www.new.facebook.com/business/dashboard/?ref=sb#/pages/Treks-in-Sci-Fi-Podcast/31862908161

It's okay Bryan if you don't want to join in the fun.. we still like you :)

Nice of you to do this but frankly I just haven't had much time to use Facebook.  Between the site here, forums, podcasts, Twitter, etc. there are just only so many hours in my day.  LOL!  I also sort of prefer interacting with all of you here using the forum anyway.  But I'll try to get over there sometime soon.

Geekyfanboy

I just tired to update the "What are you doing right now" and I had updated my blog so I wrote that and added the web address and I got this back..

Warning: This Message Contains Blocked Content
Some content in this message has been reported as abusive by Facebook users.

One of my "Friends" reported to facebook that the content in my blog was abusive... can you believe that.

And the bad thing is I can't find out who.. that has kind of turned me off of facebook.

EDIT... and if you click on the link to my website below my picture you get this...

The following website has been identified as malicious:
www.geocities.com/dathon1

The link you have clicked has been identified by Facebook as a malicious web site. For the safety and privacy of your Facebook account, we strongly suggest you avoid visiting this address.

moyer777

?  How can they do that?  There is nothing offensive on your site.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

Thats screwed up. have you got in touch with facebook admin. I'm going off facebook, can't stand the new layout and i'm constantly being frozen. Also the amount of spam i keep getting is ridiculous. Also Tim called me a jerk the other day ;) .

Meds

Just checked your link Kenny. That is rubbish your site is fantastic. I'd get in touch with face cretins straight away and ask them if they have viewed your site and if not then then claim they are ruining your name and you will take action against them.

billybob476

Not sure why they would but they might just be blocking geocities sites in general.

Geekyfanboy

Well the link is working again.. sent a complaint in to facebook admins last night. Asking why my site was blocked.. even if someone complained an admin from facebook is suppose to check it out and confirm the complaint before blocking it.. so I said either you guys didn't check it and just blocked it or facebook admin are homophobic as that is the only reason I can think of for someone complaining about my website.. because I am a gay man.

Well I got an email this morning saying:

We have detected suspicious activity on your Facebook account and have reset your password as a security precaution. It is possible that malicious software was downloaded to your computer or that your password was stolen by a phishing website designed to look like Facebook. Please carefully follow the steps provided:

I have no virus or malicious software on my computer.. I check it everyday and it's clean. I think they were using this as an excuse of their mistake. So now I had to redo my password and everything seems to be back to normal.

This has kind of turned me off facebook...

Feathers

I've never really been interested in Facebook et al so I don't know how they work, but I had wondered if the homophobic approach might be worth a shot - you never know, it might even be the reason for the problem although no-one will ever admit it.

Glad you've sorted it, regardless - I did have a little browse round your site as a result though, so you've probably gained a few extra visitors through this :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Trekkygeek

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on October 31, 2008, 12:16:06 AM
Thats screwed up. have you got in touch with facebook admin. I'm going off facebook, can't stand the new layout and i'm constantly being frozen. Also the amount of spam i keep getting is ridiculous. Also Tim called me a jerk the other day ;) .

Jerk. LOL
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Trekkygeek

.....Or did you mean the other Tim?
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Darkmolerman

I got an account now, Warren Noa
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Meds

AtlantisAngel

Ahh Facebook. It's the only site that has the correct info on it EVER! I'm on there, just look for Shelley 'Shell' Mounter :)
Captain Kathryn Janeway: [entering the mess hall] Coffee, black.
Neelix: Uh, sorry, Captain. We lost two more replicators this morning...
Captain Kathryn Janeway: Listen to me very carefully, because I'm only going to say this once: Coffee. Black.
Neelix: Yes, ma'am.

Meds

AtlantisAngel

Aha. So you're that one friend request I have. Groovy bacon, I'll add you immediately!
Captain Kathryn Janeway: [entering the mess hall] Coffee, black.
Neelix: Uh, sorry, Captain. We lost two more replicators this morning...
Captain Kathryn Janeway: Listen to me very carefully, because I'm only going to say this once: Coffee. Black.
Neelix: Yes, ma'am.