Name That Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show Game!

Started by wraith1701, December 18, 2007, 01:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

Well, it's Flash Gordon and Princess Aura from Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, but poorly colorized. I don't think this really qualifies in the game because this is supposed to be about Sci-fi/fantasy TV shows not movies or serials.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

Cool.. let's see if you can stump us Ktrek.

Ktrek

Ok...if you wish...I will allow any incarnation of the show because the pic I am about to post the character appeared many times over 14 years in several incarnations of the show. I don't think it would be fair to require the exact series name. Also, I didn't see where animation was not allowed so....

Kevin

"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

Well you got me.. I don't have a clue on this one.

Ktrek

I'll give you one clue Kenny. George Lucas said that Darth Vader was partly based on this villain.

Connect the villain, connect the show.
That's enough for now.

Kevin

wraith1701

That's Darkseid, Lord of Apokalypse from D.C. comics.  The show could be one of any of the DC animated shows. ;D

**edit** the show could be Justice League...

Ktrek

I'm gonna let you have this one Wraith, although technically speaking I don't think Justice League should qualify. I know he did appear on Justice League but that show really is in the Timmverse and this show was not. It is a little confusing because on the show/s in question they did occasionally refer to themselves as the Justice League and did meet in the Hall of Justice but what I was looking for was:

Super Friends
Challenge of the Super Friends
All New Superfriends Hour
The Superfriends Hour
Super Friends - Legendary Superpower Show
Super Powers Team: Galactic Gaurdians

Super Friends had many incarnations of the show over about a 13 year history. It was an excellent cartoon for the time from 1973 -1986. The Justice League of America and Justice League Unlimted shows are really in a different universe from the Super Friends although many of the same main characters appear, such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc.

Anyway, there is a history lesson for you.

Kevin

wraith1701

Thanks, Kevin. :)

I'm going to continue the animation theme with a pic from one of my favorite shows-

For anyone with even a passing familiarity with Japanese animation, this should be a piece of cake...

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

I'm not sure if Johnny Quest is Japanese, but that is my guess...

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

wraith1701

Quote from: Jen on December 29, 2007, 09:53:29 AM
I'm guessing here: Voltron?
Nope, but when I was little, I loved Voltron!

This show is newer, and much more thematically complex.  In my opinion, it is easily the single most influential animated work produced in the last 20 years.  The show is kind of polarizing among anime fans; all know about it and either hate it or love it.

It's hard to describe without spoiling the show, but I can say that it explores a lot of religious and psychological themes using the typical "Giant Robot Show" trappings to lure viewers into giving it a try. 

Here are a few more images-

If no one can figure it out from this, I'll go ahead and give the answer and post an image from a different show.

-Eric

moyer777

wraith1701

Nope.  Although Starblazers/Uchū Senkan Yamato is a pretty cool show.

Anyone?  Anyone?  Beuler?

Geekyfanboy

moyer777

ok on looking at Starblazers stuff I found Neon Genesis Evangelion...  never heard of it before, is it that?