SAVE "Journeyman" thread

Started by Rico, December 20, 2007, 11:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I'll try to collect all the info on the efforts to save this wonderful TV series.  Letters and emails are a good start.  Make sure to sign the petition and tell your friends too.

Please do what you can

NBC
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
(212) 664-4444
Comments can also be directed to:
Park, Joanne
Senior Press Manager - NBC Entertainment Publicity (Project Assignment: "It's a Wonderful Life" "The Singles Table" "Journeyman" "The Office")
Phone: (818) 840-4579
Fax: (818) 840-4943
Email: joanne.park@nbcuni.com

Fan Site:  http://journeymanfansite.com/index.php

Save the Show Petition:  http://www.petitiononline.com/jmf/

Nice video to spread the word:

Bring this great cast and series back!

jedijeff

Thanks for posting the Info Rico, will try and send something off, hopefully something can be done

Rico

Another little idea I found....

something else I found on another site:

Spend one dollar, and buy the Journeyman Theme Song by Amanda Ghost and the Rural from itunes and write a review or anything you want about the show and why it deserves to be on the air.

If enough people spend $1 and do this, the song could end up in the Top Songs category.

For less than the price of a cup of coffee, you too could Save Journeyman.

P.S.  I just bought the song.  It's very, very cool!

jedijeff

cool idea, I bought the song as well, anything that will help and make a difference

Blackride

I can't get past the fact that everytime I turned this show on I recalled HBO's Rome :)...... He was very good in that show even though they made history into a soap opera.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

space_invader64

I hope it gets another season.  But hopefully in a time slot that will be more fruitful.

markinro

Over 8000 signatures and counting...hope they give Joanne Park more room for her Inbox.

spidey27

On the first Day of Journeyman, I sent to NBC
A new box of Rice A Roni

On the second Day of Journeyman, I sent to NBC
2 snail mails
And a new box of Rice A Roni

On the third Day of Journeyman, I sent to NBC
3 downloads
2 snail mails
And a new box of Rice A Roni...

...On the Twelfth Day of Journeyman, I sent to NBC
12 Thank You Notes
11 Friendly Emails
10 digg it stories
9 Critic Searches
8 Blogsite Comments
7 Online Viewings
6 Media Contacts
5 Message Board Posts
4 Bigwigs
3 Downloads
2 Snail Mails
And a new box of Rice A Roni  :spidey

Geekyfanboy

Save Journeyman Streaming

You've sent in your Rice 'O Roni. You signed petitions, emailed, snail-mailed and even called NBC to let them know how disappointed you are in their decision to not pick up this really great SF program for a full Season One order. Now you are wondering what else you can do NOW to show the network just how much this show should be brought back. There is a way!

All over the country, fans of this much loved, highly praised show will be streaming Journeyman's first episode from the official NBC website. You want NBC to get a feel for the fan love for Journeyman? Then get on your computer tonight at 10PM EST and begin streaming "Journeyman" episode one. Then every night at 10PM EST stream each consecutive show and send a positive message the network can understand that you don't want to see this show come to an end after only 13 episodes.

Visit NBC.com/Journeyman tonight at 10PM EST and STREAM to your hearts content!

Rico

Cool news Kenny.  Thanks for the heads up!

spidey27

Forbes reporter Lacey Rose gives an update and report on our combined online effort to make NBC programming execs aware of the need to keep their new SF drama, "Journeyman," starring Kevin McKidd on the air. The show was not picked up by the peacock network after its initial 13 episode run and, for now, won't be returning after the conclusion of the writer's strike. :spidey

To catch Lacey's report go http://www.forbes.com/video/?video=fvn/lifestyle/lr_buzz010708

space_invader64

I really believe that with a new timeslot and some creative teasers to run in key times, this show would be fruitful.

Geekyfanboy

Journeyman Streaming — Part II

CONGRATULATIONS! "Journeyman" has shot up from #17 to #5 on the 'Hey Nielsen' charts. Now let's all go to 'Hey Nielsen' and get it up to #1.

Tonight is the second "Journeyman" streaming event. Let's make it even bigger than last Monday! Last Monday, traffic was up noticeably at NBC.com and other Journeyman sites. And it was fun getting to watch the episodes again.

Here are the details for tonight's (Monday, Jan. 14) Streaming Event (some new details this week):
# Stream Journeyman episode #2, "Friendly Skies," tonight (1/14) on NBC.com. By request, a Pacific time to stream has been added as well. So stream at 10 p.m. EST (Journeyman's regular time-slot). and/or 10 p.m. PST (regular time for the network folks out in LA).
# If you can't make it at 10 p.m., then stream at another time on Jan. 14.
# Spread the word. Email other Journeyman fans. Post this info on other boards. Watch it with someone who hasn't seen the show before if you can.
# We're going to really target the advertisers this week. So, click on the ads when you stream and then the advertisers will be emailed or called by the campaign organizers this week. Vbarkley has compiled GivinUpOnNBC's (a poster at the NBC boards) wonderful list of contact info for advertisers in this thread: http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=779766 Last week Allstate was thrilled that people were calling after seeing their ads. They gave Serulous the corporate office number. REMEMBER — Politeness counts double if we're calling advertisers.
# Enjoy the episode! Comment on NBC.com and the major Journeyman sites afterwards.
# Email the execs and tell them that you watched the show on Monday. Get creative with subject lines for emails so the emails get around filtering. As always be polite. The emails don't have to be long, just tell them you watched Journeyman and that you want to see the show continue. That way, we can all do things as we have time.

Here are email addresses to send to:
# Jack Abernathy CEO FOX jack.abernathy@fox.com
# President and Chief Executive Officer of FX Networks: peter.ligouri@fox.com
# Entertainment President at FOX kevin.reilly@fox.com
# Jeff Zucker CEO NBC jeff.zucker@nbcuni.com

Thanks to the Journeyman fans at AintItCool.com for initially coming up with this idea, Slice of SciFi.com and SaveJourneyman.net for their continued hard work and international attention! Please spread word to any facebook, myspace, blogs, livejournal.

See you Tonight at NBC.com/Journeyman.

Rico

Geekyfanboy

Save Journeyman Campaign Is Over

To all its fans,

I am writing with some unfortunate, if expected news...wanted to let you know. The campaign got word that neither Fox nor NBC will be picking up Journeyman. And there's no chance for it to go to another network. Kevin Falls [creator & exec. prod] has been signed by another company. No word on the DVD. The news has just gone up on the savejourneyman.net blog. It's here if you'd like to see it.

I want to thank you for your work and the publicity you gave the campaign. Your efforts definitely boosted the campaign. Most television campaigns are a long shot and we knew that going in. All in all, though, I think it was still worth it to let the networks know that viewers want to have a say in what they see. And that what we're seeing right now, is not what we like. I'm sure Falls will go on to do great work and he deserves all the success, he's a real talent.

I'm happy to have stumbled onto your site in one of my "Journeyman" searches. I now check it regularly and am always impressed by the quality of content and the great entertainment. Feel free to email me.

Take Care,
Bali
SaveJourneyman.net