Name that Cartoon TV Series Game

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 31, 2007, 11:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markinro

And I thought I watch too much TV -- I only knew Thundercats.

Geekyfanboy

hmmm this look familiar.. but I can't place it.

Ktrek

I guess I'll have to give a clue. It's a Hanna Barbera Production.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

wraith1701

Ktrek

"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

Ktrek.. we need more of a hint.. I'm guess no one knows the cartoon.

Ktrek

I don't know how I can give a stronger hint than showing a picture with the two main characters of the show in it? However, I will mention that this was Hanna Barbera's very first animated TV show in the 1950's. They had animated other characters prior such as Tom and Jerry for Warner Brothers but this show was really their first TV effort.

Kevin

Geekyfanboy

Okay.. that hint helped.. it's The Ruff and Reddy Show

Trekkygeek

I got it. "Ruff and Ready" A lesser known creation of Hanna Barbera. I didn't realise it was so old though. We have a channel over here that is dedicated almost entirely to Hanna Barbera. Haven't seen this one in a while though.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Trekkygeek

You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Geekyfanboy

Trekkygeek

Thanks Mate, honestly, your post went up as I was writing mine. I was warned as I clicked "post" but took the risk that It hadn't been guessed.
Anyway, this is a show from my childhood that I loved and I think most of that was down to the fabulous theme tune. Very nice,

PepperDude

You got me trekkygeek. It's not some really old anime is it?

Geekyfanboy

Trekkygeek

Well, it was first aired in 1982 and was a French/Japanese collaboration.  And, if one is to believe the rumors, the animation was overseen by none other than the legendary Hayao Miyazaki himself (of Totoro and NausicaA fame). It was also only originally meant to be aired in France.
That should be enough to go on, even Google should be able to help now  ;)