"LOST" Season 4 discussion - spoilers

Started by moyer777, February 01, 2008, 03:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Pretty neat episode this week.  So yes, now we have the Oceanic Six.  They of course tried to fool us a bit.  I kind of picked up on Jin's story being in the past by his cell phone.  It was bigger than modern phones, pretty obvious I thought.  As far as the date on the headstone I'm a bit unsure if he is alive.  Sun was very upset at the cemetery.  It didn't looked faked to me.  I suppose she may of been told he was dead, but then why would the stone be dated for 2004?  That date would only make sense if they were trying to cover up for the rest of the people still on the island.  So I think he is either really dead and the date is a cover up or Sun just for some reason thinks he is dead.  The Michael part didn't do much for me.  It was expected.  But again, this season of "Lost" has been very, very good!

Locutus

I am torn between the idea that they are covering up for the people still alive and that everybody but six people died in the process of those six getting off the island.

And they have said that Aaron may or may not be one of the Oceanic Six, so that may not be true.
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Locutus on March 14, 2008, 07:26:47 PM
And they have said that Aaron may or may not be one of the Oceanic Six, so that may not be true.

For the preview of this episode it said "You will final know all of the Oceanic Six" or something like that.. and for the time you thought it was Jin and Sun as the fifth and sixth.. but in reality Aaron was the fifth and Sun is the Sixth. At least that is how I saw it.

Rico

Quote from: Locutus on March 14, 2008, 07:26:47 PM
I am torn between the idea that they are covering up for the people still alive and that everybody but six people died in the process of those six getting off the island.

Aaron is one of the six.  Also, it had been stated that the flash forward stuff will be caught up with in the series and basically there will be a reunion of people off and on the island.  So it certainly is not true that only six people have survived.  Remember some of them don't want to leave.  The island has been kept secret for a very long time and they are just trying to keep it that way.

Last night, I was starting to think more about a parallel universe idea and the island is kind of a nexus for that.  Perhaps Oceanic did crash in one universe but maybe the plane slipped into that universe from another.  So one plane is on the bottom of the ocean and one washed up on shore.  Might explain a lot.  Although I think there are some problems with that idea.

Blackride

Quote from: Rico on March 15, 2008, 06:34:08 AM

Last night, I was starting to think more about a parallel universe idea and the island is kind of a nexus for that.  Perhaps Oceanic did crash in one universe but maybe the plane slipped into that universe from another.  So one plane is on the bottom of the ocean and one washed up on shore.  Might explain a lot.  Although I think there are some problems with that idea.

I am actually hoping they don't take the "Trek" way out of things. I am saying this because I don't want them to get to the final year and have no way to wrap everything up without making up some confusing technical reason all this happened. I don't disagree with your idea Rico but I am hoping it's something that makes me say: "OMG that's whats happening!", rather than saying "Those darn wormholes and the space time continuium".....ha ha
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Rico

Yeah, I know what you mean.  However, I've thought all along that too many things have happened to have it be a simple answer to everything.  All the weird stuff on the island, time dilation, black mist, polar bears, seeing dead people, a plane of bodies on the ocean floor, magnetic changes, etc.  I think it's going to be very hard for all of that to be explained with simple, normal answers.

Locutus

Quote from: Rico on March 15, 2008, 10:20:25 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean.  However, I've thought all along that too many things have happened to have it be a simple answer to everything.  All the weird stuff on the island, time dilation, black mist, polar bears, seeing dead people, a plane of bodies on the ocean floor, magnetic changes, etc.  I think it's going to be very hard for all of that to be explained with simple, normal answers.

Well, I did not know that about the preview, but now it makes sense, so Aaron is one of the six. Coolio.

The polar bears make sense, if you believe that the Dharma Initiative brought them there. Unless you prefer to believe that Walt has super mind powers, which I am fine with as well. The dead people and the black smoke I think are the same thing, and I think it's all tied to Jacob. I think he "controls" the smoke, as in it is his essence controlling the ring of black granules around his house (or, where it used to be), and the dead people are his way of communicating with the Losties. He can take on their form.

I am also fine with the idea of parallel universes, though, especially since Jack was looking for his father in his flash forward, and since he knows he's dead, that's just not possible, no matter how drunk he was. I also think that Ben staged the crash so they would stop looking for the Losties. (That was the impression I got from last episode, anyway, and it sounds pretty good, except there was that note to not trust the captain, so now who knows AAGGHHH!)

Ahem.

Anyway, I guess it depends on what one considers "normal". The creators have said that everything has a rational scientific explanation, but that doesn't mean it is a "provable" or "commonly accepted" explanation.

" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Rico

Warp drive has a rational, scientific explanation too.  Hehe!

X

I can tell you the answers to your questions:

In the first season in the Darma commercials they discuss nanotech. I believe that the black smoke is a nanotech colony that has gone wonky due to excess magnetic charge.

The same excess nanotech is also responsible for reparing poor Locke's body, but when they are not functioning, neither is he.

Psychic abilities are part of the Darma research as is eternal life and they have a monkey that has lived over a hundred years or so because of the treatments they did.

All the clues are there, we just have to piece them all together.

Locutus

Quote from: Just X on March 16, 2008, 07:02:39 AM
I can tell you the answers to your questions:

In the first season in the Darma commercials they discuss nanotech. I believe that the black smoke is a nanotech colony that has gone wonky due to excess magnetic charge.

The same excess nanotech is also responsible for reparing poor Locke's body, but when they are not functioning, neither is he.

Psychic abilities are part of the Darma research as is eternal life and they have a monkey that has lived over a hundred years or so because of the treatments they did.

All the clues are there, we just have to piece them all together.

Well, I would agree with you if the producers/creators hadn't already said that unequivocally the black smoke are not nanobots or anything like that.

Unless they are lying. Which is possible, but they haven't lied yet, they just haven't given all the answers.

jedijeff

Sorry I am chiming in on this a little late, as I have been travelling for the past bit. I liked the last episode, and wondering about Jin and the Tombstone. With the date of Oceanic 815 crash, I really wonder what his status is. Sun and Hurleys emotion and taking the baby to the grave seemed to pretty real, more so then if they were just putting on a charade, why would they visit? I kind of guessed earlier that they were in different times, as in Jins story, the Shop Owner had said it was the year of the Dragon, and that was a few years before the crash, and quite a long time after.
The Michael reveal was not a shock to me, I had guessed quite awhile back he was on the boat. I am pretty interested to find out how he got there, so looking forward to it. Have to travel back on Thursday, so will have to wait until Friday to find out.

KingIsaacLinksr

Finally got to see the last episode.  I.....really am unsure about Lost right now and can't say much that hasn't already been said.  As for Michael, bah, I knew he would come back.  Though honestly as a character, it annoys me to watch him in the first/second season. 

I hope this mess is cleaned up.  The flash forwards, flash backwards, and now time travel are driving me nuts!!

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Again, it's going to be awhile King.  Just try and enjoy the ride.  They have two more seasons after this one to do still.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Rico on March 19, 2008, 06:41:47 AM
Again, it's going to be awhile King.  Just try and enjoy the ride.  They have two more seasons after this one to do still.

Oh, I am, its just I want to know all!!  Mwhahahahahaha.  ;)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Locutus

Quote from: Kinglinksr on March 19, 2008, 09:27:15 AM
Oh, I am, its just I want to know all!!  Mwhahahahahaha.  ;)

King

You and me both. ;)