1 (6.3%)
Maybe?
2 (12.5%)
I'll vote Yes if Rico's wife makes a guest spot on the next Podcast
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

MSUFan

Dear Rico aka Dad,

The iPod you got me the Christmas before going to Michigan State has seen a long and great life. Unfortunately, it has become outdated, and although it works fantastically it has been completely filled with songs. As we know Rico's son (me), loves his music. It makes long walks in -20 degrees feel like a sweet summer day. It helps him get pumped up during his workouts and before IM basketball games. So I think the ultimate decision would be to get another iPod that is bigger so that I wouldn't have to discriminate against songs and everybody could be listened to by Stephen.

Solid argument

KingIsaacLinksr

Hmm, his argument is logical.  I say yes!

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Tricky Steve.  Using the forum members to do your dirty work.  Hehe!  I like the 4th option on your poll!  Let me think on this.

Jen

I voted for the fourth option. I hope you get your iPod Steve.  :D
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

Please buy him an iPod, I am desperate to get Apple's stock up!!!!! ;)

jedijeff

I say yes, buy Steve a iPod, as it was a novel approach to ask for one. :)

moyer777

Yeah, got to get him one now.  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

sheldor

Why am I not surprised at these results ???   Maybe Lynn would like to be an honorary forum member or a new topic: Wives of Trekkies (a.k.a How to remain sane in an insane world)

Rico

Wow - one no vote?!?!  LOL!

Jen

Quote from: markinro on February 19, 2008, 06:45:54 PM
Why am I not surprised at these results ???   Maybe Lynn would like to be an honorary forum member or a new topic: Wives of Trekkies (a.k.a How to remain sane in an insane world)

LOL, I read your post to my husband... he says the topic should be "Spouses of Trekkies: how to remain sane in an insane world." Said he'd be glad to post in that one.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Ktrek

I know that in this modern world there are so many things that a young person deems important but I will only vote yes if Lynn sucks it up and gets in on the next podcast. Otherwise...you're on your own. After all a couple of weeks of hard honest labor and you can get your own IPod and Dad can't say a thing about it! :)

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

MSUFan

Quote from: Ktrek on February 19, 2008, 08:02:43 PM
I know that in this modern world there are so many things that a young person deems important but I will only vote yes if Lynn sucks it up and gets in on the next podcast. Otherwise...you're on your own. After all a couple of weeks of hard honest labor and you can get your own IPod and Dad can't say a thing about it! :)

Kevin

Would definitely agree with that sentiment- but at the same time I think most of my hard honest labor goes straight into my classes and the workload that goes along with them.

Dan M

I'd rather Rico spend all his disposable income on high-end prop replicas, so I can continue to live vicariously through him.

wraith1701

I like your bold approach to getting the ipod Steve; you've got a lotta stones lol... :laugh:

I'm not sure of what your exact situation is, but my first impulse is to take Ktrek's stance on this-
QuoteI know that in this modern world there are so many things that a young person deems important but I will only vote yes if Lynn sucks it up and gets in on the next podcast. Otherwise...you're on your own. After all a couple of weeks of hard honest labor and you can get your own IPod and Dad can't say a thing about it!

I know how demanding college can be, but I also know that it is possible to sacrifice a little of the 'free' time to pick up a part-time job.  Many college students, myself included, worked while attending school without destroying the ol' GPA. 

If all you want is a little extra cash for an ipod, all you would need to do is work maybe 6 to 10 hours a week.  I don't know what the job market is like where you are, but I imagine that it would be fairly simple to find a job working just a few hours for one or two days a week.  And just think how much more the ipod would mean to you if it was purchased with your own cash! 8)

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: pickard on February 19, 2008, 10:28:53 PM
I'd rather Rico spend all his disposable income on high-end prop replicas, so I can continue to live vicariously through him.

lol  thats too funny. 

Quote from: MSUFan on February 19, 2008, 08:13:01 PM
Would definitely agree with that sentiment- but at the same time I think most of my hard honest labor goes straight into my classes and the workload that goes along with them.

Even though I'm a freshman, I have to agree with that statement.  We work very hard and besides, an Ipod helps us study more.  (music).

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr