Looking for Actors for Audio Drama

Started by Jen, February 23, 2008, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Rick (Moyer 777) and I plan to do another full audio drama of Season Five. If you have acting skills, and good recording equipment, send me a short mp3 of you acting out a few lines from the RPG (don't read the narration, read the dialog).

Please don't get your feelings hurt if I don't choose you. My goal is to create a piece that rivals some of the best audio drama podcasts (like Darker Projects Section 31 Files or any of the others). This is a try out for a part and I need the acting and recording quality to remain high, so we can put something awesome together. When it's finished we'll probably break it into chapters and release it through the Ready Room Microcast as stand alone episodes.

I will be working with my friend Angela, who is a director of a theater company, in casting some people who can act. I just wanted to see if I got any interest from the folks who frequent this board. Again, if you can act, and you have a great microphone, send me an audition mp3. Check my forum member profile for an email address. :)

I hope to hear from some of you!
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

institches

Wow. I'm kinda new to the whole idea, but how would I make a recording? I'm a good reader, can do voices, and I am intrigued...

Desi

Jen

Quote from: institches on March 08, 2008, 10:46:34 AM
Wow. I'm kinda new to the whole idea, but how would I make a recording? I'm a good reader, can do voices, and I am intrigued...

Desi

If you can get a USB mic with a pop filter I'll send you a few lines to read for me, to see which character's suite you. I'd love to get some help with the female characters. I think my friend Angela is going to read Sevryll's part, and I'm reading the computer.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Omra

Will there be singing?  I like Jen's singing... :metallica:

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Would any of our Brits be interested in recording some lines for our RPG? There's one scene in particular that involves Captain Bell (former captain of the Tiberius). He's English and it would be great if we had an authentic accent for his part. He only has about five lines, so you wouldn't have to do much if you didn't want to.

We also have a character who's a Cardassian Spy. For some reason, in the movies most of the bad guys are English  ::)

Would any of you care to do his lines? He doesn't have many scenes either...and there's a real cool scene where he goes crazy and blows himself out an airlock. 
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

institches

I guess I'm out of this unless there's something like a Geek Hut where I could just go and record lines, pay them, and leave. I'm a Trek geek but not a tech geek.

Jen

Quote from: institches on March 27, 2008, 05:25:22 PM
I guess I'm out of this unless there's something like a Geek Hut where I could just go and record lines, pay them, and leave. I'm a Trek geek but not a tech geek.

Oh... I'm sorry. A Geek Hut would be a great idea for a business though. Hummm, maybe I should start one.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Calling all actors.

I still need to fill roles for our Season Five audio drama, now entitled "Infection". If anyone has an interest in playing part please send me a sample MP3 of you reading something, anything, from the RPG.  We have roles for both women and men. Drop me a line and let me know if you're interested... you DO NOT have to be an RPG member to participate.

I'd like to start editing things a head of time to keep it from being a bigger project than it has to be. So if you have a part already, let me know if you still want to do it. If so, please read the lines a couple of times to give me an option for voice inflection. If you need direction, let me know and I'll record the part for you to listen to for ideas.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

I know i'm already playing erm, 3 characters in the audio drama but if you get stuck and need someone to do anymore don't hesitate to ask, my accent can change quite a bit but i know you need new people but if you get stuck you know where to find me.

Jen

I'm looking for new actors, as I don't want to use one particular actor/actress more than two or three times. This is an open casting call to ANYONE on the forum who maybe reading this... even guests. If you're interested in taking part in a production of the most epic/dramatic season so far in the RPG then click on my name to the left of this and everyone of my posts. My name is positioned over the avatar that represents me and the bar that represents my rank on the forum. Clicking on "Jen" will take you to my member profile. There's an email address there that you can use to let me know you want to take part.  I have recruited a couple more folks to read parts for the audio drama. So far, the people who are or will be participating are:

Chrystabel (aka Amy)
Rico
Rick Moyer
Kenny
Meds
Angela
Jen
BryanCD
my brother
my niece
my mom
and my brothers best friend.

I still need a few more women to take roles and several men or teens with deep voices. Some of these parts are not very long... so don't worry, if you don't want too, you won't have to read very much.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

OK joining the cast is:
Billybob
Fourlights (Nathan Moyer)
Doc
and Kinglinksr

Again, I still have several parts I need to fill. If you have a mic, and have an ability to do voices, act or read fairly well, let me know. The male roles I have left are larger parts and I need someone to record them who has a good quality mic and confidence in their acting/reading ability.

I also have several female roles left. If your lurking on the boards, and you're not a member, you are still welcome to email me for a part in our drama. Just drop me a line at audrylucy@yahoo.com and in the subject line type "Season Five Audio Drama".

I want to try to get everything recorded by the end of July so I can start editing it all together. Thanks everyone, Jen
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

I'm still looking for actresses. I have a few small roles left for a couple of women (an Admiral and a nurse) and one or two very small roles for men (a drunk dude and his friend in ten forward). Let me know if you want to play one for the upcoming audio drama. All you need is a decent mic and a computer. ;)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

I know you don't want to use the same actors too much but if you get stuck i can play a good drunk (ahem not that i know of such antics (be quiet Bryan)) :)