Looking for Actors for Audio Drama

Started by Jen, February 23, 2008, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

LOL, I may take you up on that Meds... I need a good drunk. ;)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

billybob476

I just need a good drink!

I tried to get the wife to volunteer. She doesn't seem too into it unfortunately. Something about being shy.

Jen

Oh, and if you guys have wives, or girlfriends who might be interested in taking a VERY small role, let me know. There are five women and two girls playing parts in this audio drama, which is awesome...but I need just one or two more mature women. ;)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Quote from: billybob476 on November 14, 2008, 10:31:50 AM
I just need a good drink!

I tried to get the wife to volunteer. She doesn't seem too into it unfortunately. Something about being shy.

Believe it or not, I'm shy too... I am very good at faking the social butterfly thing, but I hate crowds and dislike parties with lots of people. And yet I talk to the world now. Ironic isn't it? ;)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Feathers

You want me to ask my wife to do something but only if she can pass as a "mature woman"?? Are you mad?? ;)

Sorry, I don't see "mature woman" as a phrase designed to elict love and devotion from one's spouse! :D

To illustrate:
"To me you'll always be a mature woman" - slap.
"I like the more mature woman" - slap.

Not a good move!

In all seriousness, I can now record but still not to a very high quality. It's debatable as to whether I'd be a convincing drunk!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Jen

LOL...As a woman, don't you think I'd know that? ;)

I have several actresses who are in their twenties and Angela and I are thirty something...but we only have one actress in her fifties and her voice is AWESOME. But she's my mom so maybe I'm a little bias. Don't tell your wife we need a mature woman to do the part.... tell her we need a sophisticated woman! I'd love to have a few British women playing a couple of roles...as of yet we're all Americanos.

Oh, and I've heard your recordings and they sound fine. I've been able to clean up some of the ones that were recorded on mics of lesser quality. No probelmo mi amigo. I have another role if you don't want to play a drunk... you can be the drunk's "designated driver" so to speak. There's a guy who helps the drunk out of Five Forward. ;)

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Yeah Mike, you can help me, I'll be the drunk and you be the helper. I thought your audio sounded great, i use a normal headset and apart from the slightly annoying whistle that i sometimes get (that could be just me) it works fine. My wife as you know Jen ran away very quickly when i asked her (your birthday video was the only thing she agreed to do and then she ran off quickly). I could try asking Niki who i interviewed but she lives quite far away, if you end up desperate I'll ask her.

Jen

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on November 14, 2008, 11:28:43 AM
Yeah Mike, you can help me, I'll be the drunk and you be the helper. I thought your audio sounded great, i use a normal headset and apart from the slightly annoying whistle that i sometimes get (that could be just me) it works fine. My wife as you know Jen ran away very quickly when i asked her (your birthday video was the only thing she agreed to do and then she ran off quickly). I could try asking Niki who i interviewed but she lives quite far away, if you end up desperate I'll ask her.

LOL. David doesn't want to play a part either.  I reserved the drunk one for him early on...but he rejected it. He is a perfectionist and is concerned that he wouldn't pull it off.  ::)

If she lives too far away Meds, don't worry about it. I'll force one of my co-workers to play the part if no one has the ability to fake an English accent or provide a real one. ;)

Shoot, I'll take ANY accent at this point. French, Spanish, Indian, Asian. It doesn't matter. I'm just looking for variety in my voice talent. ;)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Ha ha, how about KC? go kidnap her and bribe her with Dr Who stuff ;)    I'm not sure if Niki has acted before, but as i say if you do get desperate i'll get her over. A bottle of wine should convince her.   Best way to play a drunk, have a few beers first and then record ha ha (only joking by the way, check out Richard E Grant in Withnail and I he's a tea totaller and does the best drunk EVER) ;)

Jen

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on November 14, 2008, 11:37:12 AM
Ha ha, how about KC? go kidnap her and bribe her with Dr Who stuff ;)    I'm not sure if Niki has acted before, but as i say if you do get desperate i'll get her over. A bottle of wine should convince her.   Best way to play a drunk, have a few beers first and then record ha ha (only joking by the way, check out Richard E Grant in Withnail and I he's a tea totaller and does the best drunk EVER) ;)

KC is playing Rory... she is awesome, young and very American. ;)
BTW, KC acts in Angela's theater troop from time to time. She rocked the house on the audio drama.

Most of our folks have never acted, but they do a great job. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KC

Quote from: Jen on November 14, 2008, 11:41:18 AM
Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on November 14, 2008, 11:37:12 AM
Ha ha, how about KC? go kidnap her and bribe her with Dr Who stuff ;)    I'm not sure if Niki has acted before, but as i say if you do get desperate i'll get her over. A bottle of wine should convince her.   Best way to play a drunk, have a few beers first and then record ha ha (only joking by the way, check out Richard E Grant in Withnail and I he's a tea totaller and does the best drunk EVER) ;)

KC is playing Rory... she is awesome, young and very American. ;)
BTW, KC acts in Angela's theater troop from time to time. She rocked the house on the audio drama.

Most of our folks have never acted, but they do a great job. :)

Aw, thanks Jen.   :)  Yeah, I remember being told that if I could do an British accent if I felt comfortable with it... so I decided to go the Standard Amercian accent instead.  I don't think anyone's quite ready for my very amateur British lilt.  :P

Meds

I'm sure you would be brilliant KC, looking forward to hearing this drama. And lets not forget, how mad is doing season 8 going to be :)