San Diego Comic Con 2008

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 28, 2008, 02:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Anyone else going??

I can't wait for San Diego comic con this year, it will be my fifth one. I just read on the website that you can not get tickets onsite. You must get them online only. This is the first year they are doing it online only. They also changed the professional opinions. Up until this year professional got in free and you could bring one other person in for free and get four other guests in for a reduced price. Now it's only you and one other person for free, which is still not a bad deal... just seems like things are changing, hopefully it will be for the good.

Geekyfanboy

As many of your know I attend Comic Con every year and this year I may not be going all four days but I do plan on going as many days as I can. So I will make the same offer I did as last year... if anyone would like to me to pick up any exclusive action figures sold only at comic con please PM and let me know what you would like.

jedijeff

Geekyfanboy

The Offical schedule of events is out for Thursday.. Friday thru Sunday should be coming out in the next few days.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_thu.php

Geekyfanboy

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. almost everyday of Comic con is sold out.. 4 day passes, Thurs, Fri and Saturday are gone and Sunday is about 85% and will sell out before the con starts. It's going to be a mad house this year.

Rico

Seems like it's more of a madhouse every year.  I miss the smaller con days.  Can't wait to hear your reports again Kenny.  Feel free to fill up the voicemail line  (hint,....hint,....)  ;)

206-666-6127

Geekyfanboy

Comic Con 2008 is SOLD OUT!!!

Chief

Man you are so lucky! One day I will go with you. I promise.

Hmm actually, if the busniess goes ok, I might be able to attend next year. Who knows!

Good luck at the con and please post tons of pictures!

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

Rico

I'd like to get there too - someday.

Kenny - if you can snag any of those Trek teaser posters for me I would be very appreciative.  Not sure how available they will be.

Meds

Oh i would love to go. Man you have such great shows over there. I've got my memorabilia show to go to in November so will let you all know how that goes.

Captain BJ Wanlund

Hey Kenny, would you mind taping the Doctor Who panel for those who can't get there, please?  :dalek

BJ
Love Star Trek TOS & TNG (never really got into DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise).  Also love Star Wars (everything save for the prequels...), and Indiana Jones, and ElfQuest, basically anything remotely SF or fantasy is my bag, tho I tend more towards SF than I do fantasy.

Geekyfanboy

NY Mets

I recieved a card describing a Shatner virtual meet and greet at the Con yesterday; from LiveAutographs.com

Did anyone else get this? Meet Shatner @ LiveAutographs.com?
Has has anyone signed up? Sounds interesting

Link to Card---
http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=360&d=1217007757

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on April 28, 2008, 02:20:19 PM
Anyone else going??

I can't wait for San Diego comic con this year, it will be my fifth one. I just read on the website that you can not get tickets onsite. You must get them online only. This is the first year they are doing it online only. They also changed the professional opinions. Up until this year professional got in free and you could bring one other person in for free and get four other guests in for a reduced price. Now it's only you and one other person for free, which is still not a bad deal... just seems like things are changing, hopefully it will be for the good.

Rico

Not me.  Welcome to the forums too by the way!