WoWs got its claws in me again

Started by Jobydrone, June 04, 2008, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

I got a new laptop and felt compelled to fill up some of my empty hard drive space with WoW.  It's been very strange seeing my old characters after almost a year off.  Even though I played a Warlock up to 70 and a Hunter up to 50 after a year I can barely remember how to play, what the controls are, etc.  I feel like a fresh faced noob again, lol.

I've heard that Blizzard has made the leveling requirements much faster and easier for characters levels 1-60, so I am thinking about starting a new class character.  If anyone here is still playing WoW, and feels like rolling up a new character and playing with a fellow TrekSFer for a little while give me a shout and we can get started together.  It would be so much fun to get a regular little WoW group going with folks from here.  Like I said, I have other toons so if we get started together on the server where my characters are I can help us out with gold.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

I'm still on Earthen Ring but don't seem to have a great deal of time to play lately.  I have my little 70 gnome mage named Reico.  I also am working on a Blood Elf Hunter named Lyndark.  She is about level 28.

billybob476

Earthen Ring as well. Horde side. I have a 66 undead priest named Theshat (yes, you read that right) and a 26 blood elf rogue named Rasht.

Rico, is you hunter on Earthen ring as well? I know for a fact alea iacta est would love to add you to its ranks.

Rico

My hunter is on Earthen Ring - only server I have really ever played on.  I was in alea iacta est for a time, but they dumped me when I went off to get my mage to 70.  LOL! 

billybob476

Well a quick whisper to an officer can get you right back in! A pool of 2000 other players is great for leveling. I'm not much on instances but when a run pops up and I happen to have the time (which isn't often) it's a blast.

Jobydrone

I have a lvl 51 Dwarf Hunter on Earthen Ring and a lvl 4 ORc Rogue on there also
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

KingIsaacLinksr

Well, good luck in Wow.  Eve Online is my new home after my guild burned me alive.....

If you need any advice, I can give some. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Jobydrone

I started a Troll Warrior on Earthen Ring and I am going to try to get in AIE next month when they open up registration again.  In the meantime I am levelling my Undead Mage on the PvP sever that my Warlock is on, Darrowmere.  I've gone from lvl 9 to 39 in just a couple weeks...I am loving this new levelling curve from 1-60---super fast!

billybob476

Let me know when you get in! Fell free to add Theshat (66 shadow priest) and Rasht (29 rogue) to your friends list and fire off a whisper.

Meds

You know i've never played WOW and i'm very weary about even going there. Our RPG takes up a lot of my time so i dare not go there. Plus i have no idea what anyone is talking about. ;)

KingIsaacLinksr

Heh heh.  Wow is certainly its own "beast".  Right now, I consider it a vacation away from it.  I might return but who knows.  I still have friends there. 

King

Meds

I'm tempted but i simply do not have the time. I'm writing for three internet comedy shows now and along with our RPG and my normal work life it's just not possible. 30 hour days are needed ha ha.

billybob476

All I'd say is that if you can control your playtime, WoW is fun becuase you can pop on for 10 mins or play for 6 hours. At least in my opinion. However that *really* depends on you and the way you play the game. I've been playing for about 2 years and my highest character is level 66. Level 70 is the top, some people get there in a month, I like messing around and taking my time.

If you don't make it a competition, it won't be.

KingIsaacLinksr

^^^  Very good advice.  However, I find Wow to be far less flexible than Eve Online atm.  Mostly because I was into Arena and raiding so I guess I was just asking for a burnout of WOW. 

Just a word of advice.  Unless you REALLY want to be the "best" at wow, don't try.  3.0 is comin and I'm afraid any gear you get at this point will be mute soon.  Just play how you want, and don't let ANYONE dictate what you do.  Be that your spec, class or otherwise. 

Otherwise, you'll burn out like I did and hate Blizzard's guts.  ;) 

King

Meds