WoWs got its claws in me again

Started by Jobydrone, June 04, 2008, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

I don't play WOW or Wii.. but with WOW you do need a decent computer system and that can cost alot of money as for Wii. you pay a fourth or third of what a computer will cost.

billybob476

Actually system requirements are one of the main reasons WoW is s popular. You can play WoW on the best whiz bang system in existence and it looks great, but I have friends who play on 4 year old laptops. The range of systems that will run WoW is actually pretty astounding.

Recall, this game was game of the year in 2004. It's in no way a new game.
Recommended Specifications

Windows® System 2000/XP OS:

* Intel Pentium® IV 1.5 GHz or AMD XP 1500+ MHz
        * 1024 MB RAM
        * 64 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5700 class card or above
        * Broadband Internet connection
        * Two-button scroll-wheel mouse

Mac® OS X 10.3.9 or newer:

* 1024 MB RAM or higher; DDR RAM recommended
        * ATI or NVIDIA® video hardware with 64 MB VRAM or more
        * Broadband Internet connection

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on July 08, 2008, 11:48:21 AM
I don't play WOW or Wii.. but with WOW you do need a decent computer system and that can cost alot of money as for Wii. you pay a fourth or third of what a computer will cost.

Very true.  But if you already have a computer, this usually isn't a problem.  However, if I had to choose between a computer and a Wii strictly for gaming, I would go Wii because there are a lot of games on it that I would love to play. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on July 08, 2008, 11:48:21 AM

Unless you have no PC at all, this isn't really an issue - even plays on Macs.  Actually I gave my son a pretty old PC that is about 5 years old.  Plays WOW just fine.

Geekyfanboy

but it does require DSL or higher internet speed.. I couldn't' imagine playing WOW with dial up.

Rico

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on July 08, 2008, 03:27:26 PM
but it does require DSL or higher internet speed.. I couldn't' imagine playing WOW with dial up.

People do play on dial up.

billybob476

56K minimum, though I assume that's not an issue. I wonder how well it would play on my old 2400 bps modem?

Geekyfanboy

well that is another cost that needs to be added to the monthly fee.. :)

Rico

I can see your point a bit Kenny, but this would only be the case if you had no computer, no internet access already.  It's like adding the cost of a car into a vacation trip across country.  Yeah - if you don't already have a car.  Typically, most people interested at all in playing these types of games already have the needed equipment.

KingIsaacLinksr

Wow is playable on dial-up...but I wouldn't suggest it.  Especially if you group up with other people.  Lag sucks.  :)

King

MSUFan

Well back on subject who's gonna be on this weekend.. We need some level 20ish toons to possibly run BFD in Ashenvale- Anyone down?

Rico

Level 20?!?!  Steve - slow down!  Hehe!  I'll see what I can come up with.

MSUFan

KingIsaacLinksr

I'll try and be on, but my parent's are being a pain in the neck and forcing me to work all day when not working at my job.....grrrrrr. 

Must...move....out!!!

King

billybob476

Gawd I haven't had a second to get on. Hopefully late tonight and early tomorrow!