WoWs got its claws in me again

Started by Jobydrone, June 04, 2008, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Billy - Did you ever get on last night?  I never got in.  Was wondering what you thought of all the changes?

billybob476

I got on for a few mins last night and a few mins at lunch today. I'm still in the process of getting my mods up and running. Things I did look at:

1. achievements screen: fun, I got a bunch of retroactive achievements for getting to level 70, exploring areas, having some special items (Yellow brewfest stein etc)

2. calendar: cool and handy, they pre-fill it with seasonal events, pvp weekends etc

I haven't had a chance to respec yet (plus I'm still trying to figure out what to do!) and I haven't played with the new pet interface yet. Overall the changes don't seem negative. I probably won't get a ton of time to really play until at least Friday.

billybob476

Ok, I had about an hour last night. In that time I:

1. respecced all the way down the cool new shadow tree

2. logged in and out about 100 times trying to get my mods running (I'm a bit of a mod whore). Finally got them up and running. The only thing that's bugging me is my cartographer 'crazy arrow' isn't working with QuestHelper properly.

If I have time tonight I'll run some isle dailies and see how my spec works. I'm really liking the achievements. they are completely meaningless but they are damn fun!

Rico

I'm lost on the achievements - do they get you anything??

billybob476

At the moment no, they are just for fun. However you do get 'achievement points' so we can only speculate that at some point you may be able to do something with them.

They had the same thing in City of Heroes called badges. Basically it was just another thing to do, some people would chase badges. You'd get them for completing certain quest lines, finding certain locations, getting certain level goals, etc.

Just some more fun.

Jobydrone

I have been on every day since the patch.  There are problems, and Blizz has it's hands full hotfixing problems.  The most serious ones have been really bad latency, server crashes, and FPS drops.  Hopefully some of these will be fixed with the downtime today.

I LOVE the new inscription profession.  My main, the 70 Mage on the PvP server Rivendare, is now at 352 Inscription and has access to all the Major Glyphs and about 6 or 7 Minor Glyphs.  I've made almost 3500 gold from the profession so far, but things are slowing down now so I am going to hold back on selling stuff until the expansion.

Kenny:  I have a new toon in the Knights of Good so if you do decide to play let me know and we can group/level together. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

There are some things you can get from the new achievements.  One of these are titles.  If you notice a bunch of people running around with the surname "Jenkins" that's from the "LEEEEEROY Jenkins" achievement, which involves going into Molten Core or something and killing a bunch of rooks.  I am going for the title "the Hallowed" which you receive from completing a large number of the Hallow's End world event achievements.  There's also an achievement that will net you a rare Netherdrake flying mount, that one entails purchacing or owning 50 different mounts.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Also hunters can tame rare pets now. I took part in a Molten Core run to get some of our 70 beat master hunters their very own core hounds.

I have two major glyphs associated to my preist right now thanks to a generous guildie. Now on to the minors.

Rico

You guys are so hard-core compared to me.  I just don't have the hours in the day.

billybob476

Naw, I play 2-3 hours on the weekend mornings (usually when you're podcasting!) and maybe an hour or so one or two weeknights if i've got time. What helps me is AIE. There's always folks who are willing to give away stuff for free or cheap and who are willing to run stuff.

You should get one of your horde alts back in once you're done leveling your warlock Rico. You'd be up there with Old Man Franks and MeneGene in web celeb power!

Rico

LOL - you don't get booted from AIE for that little play time?  I joined them awhile back with a Horde Blood Elf alt and they kicked me out when I wasn't online enough for them.

billybob476

Quote from: Rico on October 21, 2008, 09:55:57 AM
LOL - you don't get booted from AIE for that little play time?  I joined them awhile back with a Horde Blood Elf alt and they kicked me when I wasn't online enough for them.

They actually upped it to 3 months of inactivity. Also if you do get booted you just need to whisper an officer and they re-instate you no questions asked.

The inactivity kick thing is just a mechanism to keep the guild size somewhat under control. The armory is currently reporting 3439 guild members so management for the officer corps is sometimes a nightmare.

Jobydrone

I have a lvl 12 Troll warrior named Uglyfoot in AIE but I never play him, what with my main raiding toon on the PVP server, my lvl 38 Priest on the OTHER PvP server, and my new Mage in the Knights of Good over on the PvE server, poor old Uglyfoot just doesnt get the attention he deserves.  I pop on the toon every once in a while to keep him active in the roles of AIE, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets booted soon. 

billybob476

I'll stop plugging the guild but honestly it's really the main reason I still play WoW. When I try and roll a toon on another server I REALLY miss the green wall of gchat.

I have a dwarf pally on ER Alliance side, but I keep burning out on playing him because of the isolation!

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: billybob476 on October 22, 2008, 10:32:26 AM
I'll stop plugging the guild but honestly it's really the main reason I still play WoW. When I try and roll a toon on another server I REALLY miss the green wall of gchat.

I have a dwarf pally on ER Alliance side, but I keep burning out on playing him because of the isolation!

That's why I quit.  I had no guild because the one I started disbanded and the two I joined later hated me because I speced Retribution.  I just quit altogether because I would get on and if I ever got a guild invite, it was because they wanted me holy.  I could never find a guild that wanted me just because I played. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr