WoWs got its claws in me again

Started by Jobydrone, June 04, 2008, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Quote from: billybob476 on January 07, 2009, 04:40:40 PM
To put it simply the Horder are the "bad guys" and the Alliance are the "good guys". They've been fighting for years but there is currently a tenuous peace between them.

There is A LOT of warcraft lore if you are interested in getting into it but it's not required knowledge in any way to enjoy the game.

Horde the bad guys?! They are just misunderstood and they did break away from the real bad guys.

billybob476

That's why I put it in quotes! Trying to keep it simple here! I'm a proud Hordie myself.

FOR THE HORDE!

Rico

Anyone collecting these eggs in the Noblegarden event?  Is there a trick to it??  Seems like people just sit on the spots that they appear at.

billybob476

I haven't logged in since the last patch but it looks like you just have to wander around and/or camp the egg spawns.

billybob476

World of Warcast just did a mini cast on Noble Garden. Check out their feed on iTunes, it isn't linked on their site yet.

Rico

I finally got some eggs!  It's much easier and less crowded early in the morning.

billybob476

Yeah Renata was saying the biggest problem is the amount of people trying to find the eggs and the fact that all the acheivements rely on finding them.

Personally, when I log back in, I'm gonna check out the Argent Tournament.

Jobydrone

It took a time committment but I got enough eggs for all the achievements PLUS the polymorph: bunny spellbook for my mage :)  A little late I know, but my trick was to go to a MORE crowded area where many people were hunting because the eggs were on an instaspawn timer: whenever one was picked up, another in the area spawned immediately.  So I hung around a small area where I knew five or six eggs spawned, and grabbed em as quick as I could. 

I'm having more problems with Children's Week, I got all the easy achievements out of the way, now I am dreading going into the Battlegrounds. I hate PvP, suck at it, and have no idea what to do with the four BG achievements.  I am pissed because I am completely on track for the Violet Proto Drake.  I have every holiday achievement from Hallows Eve forward.  I have a bad feeling about these BGs though.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Yeah I wish blizzard wouldn't require PvP stuff for the meta achievements.

On my end I finally got back in and I'm having fun running Argent Tournament dailies.

Rico

Joby you are really committed to the game.  Even with a little more time these days, I still don't have enough to do all that stuff.  Heck, my mage is still only 76!

Jobydrone

Quote from: Rico on May 04, 2009, 11:44:05 AM
Joby you are really committed to the game.  Even with a little more time these days, I still don't have enough to do all that stuff.  Heck, my mage is still only 76!

Thats cool Ric, I'm sure there are tons of people that say my lack of committment is...disturbing, considering I haven't been into Ulduar yet.  I've actually cancelled my subscription to WoW, it ends for me on May 18th.  I just don't have the time to dedicate with three kids, new job, and wife on the brink of madness from stress and lack of sleep.  If I manage this dumb PvP achievement for the meta I will probably reup my subscription when the next holiday rolls around (midsummer fire fest I believe) just to keep my streak going.  The big problem that has soured me on the game though has nothing to do with time or the game itself.  It's my laptop, it just doesnt run the game well enough to make it fun.  My framerate is so bad, sometimes when lots of action is on the screen I get literally 2-4 fps.  It's unplayable that way.  I will likely start playing again in earnest once I get my new computer, probably around the holidays.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Wow, what framerate do you get in Dalaran? I get 50-60 in old world and 10-15 in Dal.

Jobydrone

generally around 5-7 in Dal.  Im really considering just getting an IMac, the lack of any need to worry about upgrading or components and having the game play as intended is appealing to me.

billybob476

Yeah I've heard good things about performance on iMacs.

Rico

I could never play under those conditions.  With my hot PC rig that I built about a year ago, frame rate never goes below about 30-40, and usually over 100 in most areas.