Season Eight OOC

Started by Geekyfanboy, July 09, 2008, 05:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

I think we've gone past PG13 with Ricks faceless drone ha ha, man that freaked me out

Jen

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 21, 2008, 06:15:59 AM
I think we've gone past PG13 with Ricks faceless drone ha ha, man that freaked me out

True, the violence alone would push us past that.  It's difficult to portray wicked and twisted without those scenes, and it's just as difficult to portray the Mirror Universe without the more seductive side of some of the characters. Wraith is right, it's naughtier.   I guess this particular story has become  Rated R... minus foul language and explicit sexual content. Everyone has done well to stay in bounds so far. I'm not slapping anyone's hand, just wanted to make sure the line doesn't get crossed in the future. If there's any question, feel free to send me the post before you put it up and I'll look over it for you. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

creepy is right, wait till you see his other "pets"

:)

He gets to keep some of his experiments.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

Quote from: Jen on September 21, 2008, 07:15:40 AM

True, the violence alone would push us past that.  It's difficult to portray wicked and twisted without those scenes, and it's just as difficult to portray the Mirror Universe without the more seductive side of some of the characters. Wraith is right, it's naughtier.   I guess this particular story has become  Rated R... minus foul language and explicit sexual content. Everyone has done well to stay in bounds so far. I'm not slapping anyone's hand, just wanted to make sure the line doesn't get crossed in the future. If there's any question, feel free to send me the post before you put it up and I'll look over it for you. :)

I've sent you stuff in the past just to check, Its comforting to know we have that support from you and Kenny, thanks for leading the way jen, i've said it before and i'll say it again YOU ROCK.

Margon, man he's just wrong ha ha ha

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

There has been some confusion as to the number of ships in the current battle against the Borg in the Mirror Universe.

Paraphrased quote from an email sent by Just X to me:

"Post 75, 79, 81  says that there are several ships in the Imperial Fleet ( The Brood Of Vipers and the Dagger's Blow), but also says that there are several Borg ships. Post 79 also establishes that several Borg ships were destroyed or disabled and they are on the run."
----
Moving forward:
Lets say that there are five smaller Borg cubes and/or spheres, and one big honking, big daddy Borg Cube (the Borg King's vessel). The Empire's entire fleet is fighting this battle...they've lost many ships but there are still quite a few alive and kicking. Lets say there are 20 ships of various size and classes still fighting. Picture the battle in First Contact between the Borg Queen's cube and the Federation...that's the sort of battle we're writing about.

Anymore questions/comments?

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Just a reminder that if you are reading/listening to this story via the Ready Room and you have questions that arise, post them here or email us at the thereadyroompodcast@gmail.com. It's the best way for the writers to know if they need to clarify their posts in the story. Keep in mind we are not professional writers. We are learning how to construct a story as a group... novels are written by one or two authors. A RPG is written from the perspective of many writers and their characters, think of their posts/ side stories like a scene change in a Trek episode.  

If you are a writer who is confused, look for your answers here in the outline and posts within the OOC (often times the issue was addressed in an outline or history lesson or answer to another question). You can also PM me and I will send Reply #'s, within the story, where you can read the specific information you are looking for. There are many posts that discuss the details of this story... it's easy to forget or skim over it accidently so read/listen carefully.

Check out the Mirror Universe post that Wraith made at the top of this thread—it outlines the history of the Mirror Universe. Also read the profiles to brush up on characters. Several of these characters have interesting backstories and bios that have been incorporated into the story.

And writers, don't assume that the reader will know the history of your character or the faction you operate under. Always explain clearly or remind them if you've mentioned it numerous times... work it into every season, know that there will always be new readers/listeners who know nothing about your character.

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Hey everyone, the story is still trudging on and I'm enjoying the twists that are being written into the story. Particularly the Alliance 'nuke' and of course the potential for MORE back stabbing. :) Betrayal is a great in a Mirror Universe story. Just letting you all know that we will let Act II continue as long as need be in order to play out. Take your time when considering how you're going to finish this Act with regards to your individual characters. Think about where you want to leave them in case we return to the Mirror Universe in the future. Will they be dead? Will they be assimilated by the Cooperative or the Borg?  Work with each other to make sure that these plot ideas tie together well... For instance, if your character is in the Empire and currently on the Tiberius then work with me, Rico, Rick, Shepperd, Kenny, Tim and Meds to pull off the whole mutiny thing. It doesn't have to be a huge thing...a group of crewmen could try it and fail or part of the ship could be destroyed during the attempt. Just ideas... We should talk about this.

We also have to get Quinn off Tiberius. He is supposed to end up on the Cooperative ship—sooner rather than later. I think that the Cooperative would have to take him via a boarding party, so maybe the mutiny could be a nice diversion for Aria's attempt. While this is going on the Tiberius would probably be attacking Aria's ship either as the Alliance's friend or foe. Let's talk about it here so that all the writers will know what is coming down the pike and will know how to respond to it.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Cool idea Jen. I've done a few posts regarding officers on the bridge. I'm thinking of starting a mutiny in one of the lower decks, using officers that no one ever sees (like the TNG episode). Joint posts would be ideal for this so if anyone is game let me know.

X

I'm thinking about that as well. I got a PM from a writer that has returned and I'm thinking that we might be able to come up with something interesting.

Meds

Excellent, well PM me with any idea's.

Jen

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on November 03, 2008, 12:12:39 PM
Excellent, well PM me with any idea's.

Post ideas here, so everyone can see them rather than PMing.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Chris's questions:

1) How many Cooperative operatives do we have scattered in the other fleets?

2) Is Spring going with Aria to the normal universe?

4) Did the Cooperative save the Borg Locke to use later in her plotting?

5) Do we want a further bloody battle to clear the system or is some sort of stalemate reached that gives the Cooperative the time to bring the story to Act III? What would cause the Alliance to leave the system? What would cause the Empire to do the same?

Jen's responses:

1. Other than Sevryll, K'Tan and Spring... I would say no major characters that bare mentioning.

2. That depends on if InStitches returns to the game this season. If not, then I would say "no". If Desi can come back, then sure.

4. Let the Borg have him.

5. I don't think it's necessary to define the outcome of the Mirror Universe story. Leave it a mystery to be solved in a later season.

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

X

Oh! Yeah ... forgot to add Desi is back, Aria just needs to find Spring something to do.

Meds

OK here is my input to a post i want to start writing. There is a group of crewmen in the lower decks, they are genearl staff, they are hearing through gossip and  Chinese whispers about stuff going on in command. One decides this is not on, and the others begin to argue. One woman sits on her own listening, she then decides to add her piece by punching out the main chap. She stands there and says something in the lines of 'I'm not being taken over by some half breed (or something like that) who's with me' they then set off recruiting others and maybe killing the odd nay Sayer.

How does that sound? I've started to write this so please let me know if anyone wants to jump on board.

remember we still have Worf and Margon somewhere in the ship. D'Callan is now out of the picture though he will show up but not in any significance, and Dunn cannot move his legs.