Lost Season Five - spoilers

Started by Geekyfanboy, October 22, 2008, 09:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Geekyfanboy

Did a Lost Marathon yesterday, watched six episodes back to back. Almost caught up, one more to go and will be up to date... Been a fun ride and it's cool being able to watch one after another and not have to wait a week. :)

moyer777

what a great idea Kenny!  I am still watching them online the day after they air cause of the dish network stupid thing.  :)

They do such an excellent job, except I did catch an inconsisteny the other day. 

[spoiler]The scene where Kate talks to Ben's dad and he is drinking beer.  He offers her one and did you notice, even though they are back in the 70's the top has the big wide mouth drink opening.  Now as a child of the 70s and 80's I remember the cans having a much smaller pull tab that came completely off the can.  Remember that?  It wasn't till the mid 80s that they came up with the self tab sustaining opening.  :)  ah, nitpicking, but fun.[/spoiler]

:)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Dangelus

Quote from: moyer777 on May 04, 2009, 08:45:14 AM
what a great idea Kenny!  I am still watching them online the day after they air cause of the dish network stupid thing.  :)

They do such an excellent job, except I did catch an inconsisteny the other day. 

[spoiler]The scene where Kate talks to Ben's dad and he is drinking beer.  He offers her one and did you notice, even though they are back in the 70's the top has the big wide mouth drink opening.  Now as a child of the 70s and 80's I remember the cans having a much smaller pull tab that came completely off the can.  Remember that?  It wasn't till the mid 80s that they came up with the self tab sustaining opening.  :)  ah, nitpicking, but fun.[/spoiler]

C'mon Rick there's a VERY simple explanation for this!

[spoiler]The beer is from the future! It fell out of a plane in the mid nineties and landed in the seventies!  ;)[/spoiler]

jedijeff

Another fantastic Lost last night. This season has been so strong. I am really looking forward to the season finale next week, but also feeling a bit sad as next season will be the last.

[spoiler]Wondering if Ben and Richard are going to try and stop Locke somehow, as Lockes plan of killing Jacob I am sure they are not going to want to follow. Richard seems rather reluctant to follow Locke, I am surprised he has gone this far, I suspect he might not have much of a choice. I wonder if the new plane crash survivors are going to play a role in this
If Jack is successful with the bomb, I wonder how much it will reset them
Felt bad for Juliet, when her and Sawyer were leaving the Island, looked like she may have had all that she wanted and then Kate showed up at the last minute. Wondering how far that sub gets away from the Island[/spoiler]

Rico

Great episode - lots of stuff going on.  Really cool how things are all sort of blending together with the past and future.  Didn't realize until the promo at the end that next week was the last episode for this season.  Looks to be a good one.

sheldor

[spoiler]Love Hurley "ok, we're from the future"[/spoiler]

jedijeff

Quote from: Dangelus on May 04, 2009, 09:51:06 AM

[spoiler]The beer is from the future! It fell out of a plane in the mid nineties and landed in the seventies!  ;)[/spoiler]

I was catching up on LOST Official Podcast this morning, they actually covered Ricks question.

[spoiler]Damon and Carlton said that Dharma had come up with the patent for the Beer can, and that was what is funding the entire initiative ;) . They say there is another station that deals just with Can's and sealing them lol . Really Fun Podcast they have.[/spoiler]

They also mentioned something that I forgot a bit about Locke and Ben
[spoiler]When Ben went to see Smokey, in the form of Alex, Ben was told that he needs to follow Locke. So the plan to Kill Jacob, if Ben is to follow what he was told, he cannot interfere with Lockes plan[/spoiler]

moyer777

Wow, great episode yet once again.   Should be fascinating to see how they get this all done in the end.

sheldor

Quote from: jedijeff on May 07, 2009, 08:30:20 AM

I was catching up on LOST Official Podcast this morning, they actually covered Ricks question.

[spoiler]Damon and Carlton said that Dharma had come up with the patent for the Beer can, and that was what is funding the entire initiative ;) . They say there is another station that deals just with Can's and sealing them lol . Really Fun Podcast they have.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]When Ben went to see Smokey, in the form of Alex, Ben was told that he needs to follow Locke. So the plan to Kill Jacob, if Ben is to follow what he was told, he cannot interfere with Lockes plan[/spoiler]

When was the last Ben did what he was told?  If he messes this up, STB's gonna come after Ben

jedijeff

Quote from: markinro on May 07, 2009, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: jedijeff on May 07, 2009, 08:30:20 AM

When was the last Ben did what he was told?  If he messes this up, STB's gonna come after Ben

Yes, that is true, Ben never does as he is told, maybe he will just manipulate Richard into doing what he wants, though it sounds like they are on the same page already.

Jobydrone

There's so many questions in this series they have their work cut out for them coming up with a completely satisfying conclusion next season. 

[spoiler]I hate that Farraday is dead, what a great actor and character.  Hopefully like for so many others in this show, "Dead is Dead" can be taken with a grain of salt[/spoiler]
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

sheldor

If Locke kills Jacob, I'm thinking Locke will take his place.

moyer777

uh?  WOW.  I'm not sure what to say about Lost.   So many things.

Dangelus

Don't suppose anybody caught the reply to 'what lies in the shadow of the statue'?

was it Latin?