"True Blood" - HBO vamps

Started by Rico, December 01, 2008, 12:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Sex and violence are a pretty big part of the show, but the characters and their relationships are what keeps me coming back each week - to see what happens next.

Jobydrone

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on June 18, 2010, 12:49:01 AM
After all these years Jobydrone4of20 thought you knew me better  :) ... I look forward to checking them out.
Ha ha Actually Kenny I think of all the people on this forum, other than Rico of course, I think I've gotten a pretty good sense of your taste over the years.  I am pretty sure you'd get a big kick out of this show.  Watch from the begining though, don't try to pick it up in the middle.  You'd be missing alot of great stuff from the first two seasons.

edit:  also it takes a couple of episodes to get a feel for the characters.  I remember I had to watch for a little while before I got sucked in (pun intended)
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

Rico

Been enjoying season three quite a bit.  About at the midway point now and just watched episode six last night.  I know I'm liking a show when there are some nasty, evil bad guys that I want gone.  Good stuff!

Oh, here's a fun little pic from Comic Con with two of the stars of the show and a cardboard cutout of one of their missing cast members who couldn't attend.  :)

Geekyfanboy

Just came across this picture.. do you find it sexy or disturbing.. or maybe a little of both??

Bryancd

A little of both. To be honest, I think it's kind of blah, they could have done something more interesting, IMO.

QuadShot

I've never watched the show, doesn't really interest me at all (pretty tired of the whole vampire genre already), but Kenny, I find it a bit disturbing to be honest.
Oh, and THIS IS MY 200th POST!! YEAH!! :):):)

Rico

That's quite a picture and I still love the series.  I have to say this season has been pretty bloody so the pic sort of represents the series - to a degree.  But it's much deeper than that.  I always say, don't judge a book by it's cover.  I actually think most of you would get a kick out of the series.

Bryancd

Yeah, it doesn't turn me off from considering watching, whci i don't but have heard I should, I just think it's kind of unoriginal. Look, we're naked and bloody! So what?

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on August 19, 2010, 10:58:18 AM
Yeah, it doesn't turn me off from considering watching, whci i don't but have heard I should, I just think it's kind of unoriginal. Look, we're naked and bloody! So what?

Hmm, Bryan you must read different magazines or go to other places on the web than I do.  I have to say I haven't seen a lot of naked, blood covered pics of people in my day.  ;)

P.S.  My older son was talking to me about this show the other day because I guess a bunch of girls come over to watch it on his HBO on Sunday nights.  I told him dude, whatever it takes to get the ladies in your apartment!  :)

Bryancd

That reminds me I need to renew my subscription to "Blood and Skin"... ;

QuadShot

Quote from: Bryancd on August 19, 2010, 10:58:18 AM

Wow Bryan...you're not visiting South Phoenix newstands are you? ;)  Or subscribing to the website Ben Quayle used to write for? Under an assumed name of course ;)

Rico

Geekyfanboy

I for one am very excited to pick up this series.. gonna get a Wii (ordered it) and I can get netflix through it (I think) so I should be able to stream them (if my internet is fast enough).. if not I can always rent the DVD's.. what season are they on now... 3?

Rico

Current season is three.  And there are only 12 episodes per each season.