"True Blood" - HBO vamps

Started by Rico, December 01, 2008, 12:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. they are on season four.. didn't this just start last year. Are they short seasons?

Rico

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on September 15, 2009, 09:05:59 AM
Wow.. they are on season four.. didn't this just start last year. Are they short seasons?

We diverged into talking "Dexter" a bit Kenny.  For the record, "True Blood" just finished season two up.  "Dexter" starts season 4 up at the end of this month.  These cable series usually only do about 12 episodes per season.  But for me, they are some of the most interesting things on to watch these days.

Jobydrone

Me too, percentage wise there are more series on pay cable channels that I watch regularly now than there are on network channels. 

And the cable programmers make up for the short seasons (generally ten or twelve eps like Rico said) by making you wait for more than a year between the season finale and the next season premiere...um, wait a sec, that sucks too...  :confused :confused :confused
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Watched the season three premiere episode last night.  Man, this show just gets better and more interesting each season.  They seem to be amping things up a notch too (not that it was low before).  Anyone else watching the new season yet?

Geekyfanboy

I don't have HBO.. but I hope to catch up on them with the DVD's.. looks like my kind of series.

Jobydrone

The female Vamps in this series are so incredibly hot.  I feel like a schmo being manipulated so easily, but the Queen, Eric's sidekick (who reminds me of undead Angelina Jolie), and Bill's protege are all so goddamn sexy I'll watch the show just to see them.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on June 16, 2010, 11:12:30 AM
The female Vamps in this series are so incredibly hot.  I feel like a schmo being manipulated so easily, but the Queen, Eric's sidekick (who reminds me of undead Angelina Jolie), and Bill's protege are all so goddamn sexy I'll watch the show just to see them.

Agreed!  And don't forget Sookie and Tara!

Jobydrone

Tara gets on my nerves, I wouldn't mind if something bad happened to her.  I'm looking forward to seeing what's the story with Sookie's abilities, hopefully they wont drag that element out too long.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on June 16, 2010, 11:12:30 AM
Hmmm..you make a strong case for me to check this show out...
Pete

Geekyfanboy

Hot woman.. is that the only reason to watch this show.. beginning to worry it may not be my thing after all.

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on June 17, 2010, 05:58:18 PM
Hot woman.. is that the only reason to watch this show.. beginning to worry it may not be my thing after all.

Actually there was scene in the first episode of this season between two of the "hot hunks."  You would have liked it Kenny!

Geekyfanboy

LOL..  I was asking is there more to the show then hot people.. are the stories good.. the acting.. etc...

But thanks Rico for the heads up... :)

Rico

Oh yes Kenny - there is much more to the show than hot people.  The stories and acting are awesome.  But it never hurts to have a good looking cast.

Jobydrone

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on June 17, 2010, 05:58:18 PM
. No not the only reason but definitely one that compels me to keep tuned in.  Alan Ball has a recurring theme in all of his series that illustrates the fine line between sex and violence, but this series practically oozes sexuality in every scene.  It could make some types of people uncomfortable, so maybe it isn't your cup of tea Kenny.   I certainly wouldn't watch this show with my grandmother, thats for sure.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on June 17, 2010, 07:34:31 PM
It could make some types of people uncomfortable, so maybe it isn't your cup of tea Kenny.   I certainly wouldn't watch this show with my grandmother, thats for sure.

After all these years Jobydrone4of20 thought you knew me better  :) ... I look forward to checking them out.