Heroes Volume Four "Fugitives" (Spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 11, 2008, 12:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I think this was kind of a fun one as the past few were so heavy.   With them being rounded up and and Daphne getting shot etc.  I thought the sneeking the boy out of the house was a nice change of pace.

ElfManDan

I enjoyed the episode and I didn't mind Claire sneaking Alex out, but I didn't like how she lied to her mother at the beginning after the whole be truthful with each other theme from two episodes back and I didn't like the whole relationship aspect either. Claire seems to always get herself a new boyfriend each season (I kinda liked the Alex character till then).
I thought Sylar's storyline was a little weak, interesting, but I don't think it worked as well as might have been planned.
Peter and Parkman's was a bit better done in my opinion.

sheldor

I like the Sylar story - interesting they are not showing his father.   Wonder if its someone we know?

Rico

I liked this most recent episode quite a bit.  I thought it was a nice change of pace and I liked them using Claire's mother for more than just looking upset all the time.  The twist at the end with who showed up was cool too.  The Sylar stuff was interesting and so was the bit with Peter and Matt.  The show is getting a bit stronger again for me.

Bryancd

Although Peter still isn't interesting to me, Claire's mom really rocked this episode! She was terrific!

jedijeff

I guess for me, the I felt after the past few episodes it is getting weaker. I am hoping next week it rebounds with Matt and the bomb. The Sylar story feels like they are just dragging their feet at the moment. I am sure that when he gets to his father it will pickup and be explosive, but right now, each episode of him just looking for his father is just getting boring to me. Also how they neutralized Matt with the alarms had me thinking where did that come from (Maybe that has come up before, and I have forgotten, so will admit that)
As for Claires mom, I guess I just don't care for her character, and when they focus on her, I feel it just brings the show down considerably. How they tricked the agents in getting Alex out of the house seemed really simple in my opinion, and would not expect those agents to fall for that. The forged License is just as bad to me as the complaints about the plane crash at the start of this chapter. It just seemed like they took an easy shortcut, and disregarded how things are done these days. The Claire character seems to have taken a few steps back in my opinion, that is probably what the writers have planned, I guess for me, I am still thinking of Claire from the past few chapters.
I guess those are the reason the last episode did not sit well with me. Not every episode is going to resonate with others, and the earlier episode with Hiro and Ando in India I really enjoyed, though others did not like it as much, so I guess it all evens out :) . I agree, the setup with Matt for next weeks episode has me interested to find what is going to happen, and for that this episode did finish off strong.

Bryancd

I agree, Jeff, that the escape from the house was really amateur hour. The part with the mom that got me was when she was reaching under the counter for the piece ready to pop a cap! I was like, "Go Mom!"

moyer777

yeah, every family has a gun duct taped to the bottom of their breakfast bar.  Like nobody's going to see it. :) 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

alanp

Quote from: moyer777 on March 04, 2009, 08:49:46 AM
yeah, every family has a gun duct taped to the bottom of their breakfast bar.  Like nobody's going to see it. :) 

You mean you don't?!

moyer777

shhhh.  If the pets find out, I'm in trouble. :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

KingIsaacLinksr

I agree, there were strong points but I still was left disappointed with the episode.  I'm still waiting for it to improve.   Silar had his weak episode so I guess every hero needs one this season =\.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

alanp

Who else thought the scene where everything was desaturated but the blood was amazing?

X

Quote from: AlanP on March 05, 2009, 10:02:26 AM
Who else thought the scene where everything was desaturated but the blood was amazing?
I really loved that and it made story to see how a killer is born

Geekyfanboy

Heroes to Return for Fourth Season
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 5, 2009

Despite a ratings decline this season, NBC plans to bring back "Heroes" for a fourth season, said entertainment president Angela Bromstad.

The Hollywood Reporter says the network plans to order 18-20 episodes of the show for next season. That's fewer hours than "Heroes" first or current third season (which each had orders of at least 23 episodes), with season two having been cut short due to the writers strike.

For all its headline-making audience erosion, "Heroes" is still tied with NBC's "The Office" as the network's top-rated series among adults 18-49 this season. "Heroes" also still performs well internationally.

The network has privately discussed setting a series end date for "Heroes," which would followed the creative model used with critical success by ABC's "Lost," SCI FI's "Battlestar Galactica" and FX's "The Shield." But even if NBC ever made such a move, Bromstad said, they wouldn't want to make next season the conclusion.

Dangelus

Quote from: markinro on March 03, 2009, 08:21:34 PM
I like the Sylar story - interesting they are not showing his father.   Wonder if its someone we know?

He is but probably not in the way you think. If you want to know:

[spoiler]Sylar's father is to be played by John Glover - Lionel Luthor in Smallville.[/spoiler]