Trek Movie Comic Prequel!

Started by Rico, January 11, 2009, 04:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on January 13, 2009, 01:47:40 PM
IDW seem to be rocking the house at the moment with thses kind of comics. I've just bought the set of Dr Who The forgotten comics and another set of 6 Dr Who tennant comics as well, saying that they havn't arrived yet, boo to ebay. Will have to order these Trek ones as well now.

Where will you be ordering from Meds? I haven't bought US import comics in years and when I did I was in London which was a lot easier, plenty of shops. I'm guessing an online source?

celestialteapot

Amazon.co.uk have the full book release thing available for pre-order. I've already got my order in :)
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

Dangelus

Quote from: celestialteapot on January 14, 2009, 06:42:28 AM
Amazon.co.uk have the full book release thing available for pre-order. I've already got my order in :)

Brilliant! Thanks for that.

Meds

Amazon is probably the best bet as Steph says above. I have a few regular people on ebay that i but comics from so i'll keep my eye out there. I think the Amazon one  in TPB is under a tenner.

Rico

Seems like the release date has changed to Jan. 21st for issue number 1 of this.

wraith1701

Yep.  Already have it added to my pull list.

wraith1701

Trekmovie posted a surprising spoiler regarding the prequel comic.  If you don't mind spoilers, you can check it out here-  http://trekmovie.com/2009/01/19/early-review-star-trek-countdown-1-prequel-comic-to-star-trek-movie/

Bryancd

Wow, that is an interesting spoiler!

Dangelus

wraith1701

I picked up issue one today; VERY GOOD BOOK.  It's good to revisit the characters and plotlines of what I assume is the canon TNG era, and see how things have changed since we last glimpsed them. And the last panel was astonishing, to say the least!  I MUST KNOW MORE!!!

I'm also pleasantly surprised at how likeable the antagonist Nero is; this book is doing a lot to flesh out his character. 

...I'm feeling the onset of a severe case of Trek-fever!

Rico

I got mine at lunch and I'll read it when I get home.  Cool idea for them to do this mini-series prequel to the new film.

Dan M

I just read this.  That last page was a shocker.  I'm not quite understanding it.  It felt like I was watching Lost, which seems fitting.  :)

EDIT: I just read the TrekMovie.com article, and the shocker I referred to was the "SUPER SPOILER" mentioned there.

Rico

I read it and liked it too.  The end page didn't seem that odd to me.  Keep in mind this is set several years after Nemesis at this point in the story.

Meds

Well it was a big spoiler but i found it just lightening my already burning fire of excitement for this film.

Rico

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on January 25, 2009, 02:53:05 PM
Well it was a big spoiler but i found it just lightening my already burning fire of excitement for this film.

I don't really think that last page is a spoiler really.  Because I don't think much of what you see in the prequel comic will be referenced much or shown in the movie.  This is just a little back story for us geeks!