Just ordered the new Polar Lights 1/350 Enterprise model!

Started by Bryancd, May 27, 2009, 04:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmolerman

and to think I got a Russian rocket tank instead of this....
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Bryancd

....and back to aztecing...

Meds

Bryancd

OK, finished aztecing the primary hull. Still more smaller detail decals but this is the overall effect. I have been using an incorrect color of blue and grey as I couldn't find locally the lighter duck egg blue and light ghost grey, But I am ok with the color I have for now. I can always repaint that later if I change my mind. The decals look awesome but a word of warning. In certain light, they have some molting and spotting underneath some of them. I either used too much decal set or the surface wasn't smooth enough. But I am very happy with the results so far base don my VERY limited skills.

wraith1701

Man, the ship's looking great, and the coloring looks awesome!!!  The aztecing really makes the ship pop.  I'm especially impressed by the paint job on the bridge, phaser banks, and RCS thruster areas.  Did you use enamel or acrylic?  In either case, great job!  You have a very steady hand, my friend! :)

Bryancd

Quote from: wraith1701 on July 14, 2009, 05:43:58 PM
Man, the ship's looking great, and the coloring looks awesome!!!  The aztecing really makes the ship pop.  I'm especially impressed by the paint job on the bridge, phaser banks, and RCS thruster areas.  Did you use enamel or acrylic?  In either case, great job!  You have a very steady hand, my friend! :)

Thanks man, coming from you that means a lot. I free handed the phasers and RCS's, the detail line provided a great line to follow. I just used a bright yellow.

Bryancd

Well, I made an effort and found a HobbyTown in Mesa, so I bought the correct colors and will be re-doing the blue and grey. Bring on Duck Egg Blue! I realized that around the engine pylons, there is a lot of the blue which needs to be painted on and it will need to match the decal on the strong back which is also duck egg blue.

Rico

Meds

Bryancd

OK, repainted the darker blue, looks much better.

Bryancd

Decal, decal, decal, paint, paint, paint! I finished all the aztec and side decals for the primary hull as well as the registry as it looks so cool. Also started the deflector dish and nacelle flux intercoolers. They get a clear blue and then some black lines I have yet to do. The dish has some paint swirls I need to work on.

Rico

You sure are motoring through doing this Bryan.  I'm afraid to start one.  I'd be working on it for a year - or more!  ;)

Bryancd

Weekend afternoons when it's 115 out motivates me to srtay inside and build! I also have a week or so of very little training right now, kind of a mini off season, so my weeday afternoons are free for an hour or so per day. I still have so much to do but it's fun!

Bryancd

Ahhh...WOW. The detail decals are VERY fine BUT to the credit of Polar Lights, are cut out from the paper so you don't need to trim them so much, making them easier to handle. The red strips around the bridge module and phaser, RCS system, and NAV lights really make the model pop.

Meds