Treks in Sci-Fi - The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

Started by Feathers, July 16, 2009, 09:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

Actually, what I really want to do is make it like a studio recording...which it isn't.

It's nor that bad for what it is.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

Do you have a microphone or are you using a head set?

DruzilZappa

Wish I'd come across this thread earlier. (Note to self, visit forums more often)

Have to ask though, what about the musical? And the sixth book? And "Young Zaphod Plays it Safe"? The Infocom game? Too many choices.

Also, "42" is the answer to "What is six times nine?" Doesn't everone compute in Base 13? :)

Seriously, I'm really looking to this podcast. I've been a huge H2G2 fan since the radio drama. Secondary Phase, I believe; used to listen every Wednesday morning before school.

Drew

Quote from: Feathers on July 16, 2009, 10:56:20 AM
I will admit that where I'm coming from in this is much more of the background than the story - 13 hours of radio, six hours of TV, 5 books and one feature film are a bit much for an hours worth of podcast

Feathers

Aargh! See what you've done? You've hit me with 'Expectations'. I'll probably get all nervous now and have to point out that I've never sone a podcast and blah, blah, blah

Oh, and the game gets a mention at least but maybe not absolutely all of everything else :)

Bryancd

Brilliant job, Mike! Just had a listen and really enjoyed your efforts. When you got to the bit about Douglas Adams dying in a gym, I knew you would have a go at me! Appropriately enough, I was running at the time. :)

Feathers

Thanks Bryan.

I nearly didn't say anything about you in reference to the gym! I knew everyone on the forum would expect me to, but wasn't sure I'd get away with it. In the end, though, I couldn't resist. 

Bryancd

Quote from: Feathers on September 02, 2009, 12:21:16 PM
Thanks Bryan.

I nearly didn't say anything about you in reference to the gym! I knew everyone on the forum would expect me to, but wasn't sure I'd get away with it. In the end, though, I couldn't resist.  

Fair enough, mate! It brought a smile to my face...around mile 7. :)

And your self deprecating sense of humor is so British, I love it!  :cheers

davekill

Good show, thanks. I listened two it twice Monday - once on the ride to work and again on the ride back!