Podcast # 240 - Soundtracks

Started by Rico, August 16, 2009, 11:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

New show is up covering mainly movie soundtracks from SF & fantasy films.  Hope you all enjoy the selections I picked out.  Thanks to those who contributed to this podcast too (Vartok & Rick).

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksInSciFi_240_Soundtracks.mp3

P.S.  There's a contest in this show - just as a heads up to forum members.

Bryancd

Perfect timing! I'm flying to NY in the morning and needed good iPod material for my runs back east!

wraith1701

Listening right now, and I'm loving it! All of these great tunes are really bringing back some memories.  :)  Sometimes we take for granted how beautiful & complex a lot of the sci-fi & fantasy themes out there are. It's nice to see them get some time in the spotlight.

M-5

I'm listening to it right now, as well.  I love movie soundtracks.  Looking forward to hearing what's in your collection.

Rico

Yeah - I had fun doing this one.  Keep in mind this is just a sampling as I grabbed Cd's off the shelf.  But I tried to have a nice mix for the show.

M-5

Great podcast, Rico!  I loved all of the soundtracks.  Thanks for the tip on Craig Safan.  I thought the music form The Last Starfighter sounds similar to the soundtrack from Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins.

Moyer777 - Great Mash-up!

moyer777

Just got done listening.  HOW AWESOME!  That was a lot of fun and brought back some great memories.  Thanks Rico!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

Great show Rico but. . . you do need to do a part 2 and maybe even a part 3. :-)

M-5

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on August 17, 2009, 03:55:59 AM
Great show Rico but. . . you do need to do a part 2 and maybe even a part 3. :-)
Definitely wouldn't mind hearing Parts 2 and 3. :)

ElfManDan

Loved the episode Rico. I've always loved soundtracks and agree you should do more.

billybob476

Agreed. Great show, great music! I'd love to hear more in the future.

Bryancd

Terrific show, listened while running this morning on the back roads of my hometown. Loved Vartok and Rick contributions as well. From the Earth to the Moon was amazing. Has anyone gotten Ricks montage yet? I Thimk I know most of them...

Rico

Glad everyone is enjoying this one.  I had a great time with it.  And send in those entries for Rick's montage contest.

SPOCKFAN

Fantastic Show. You ever listen to Nox Arcana?

Rico

Quote from: SPOCKFAN on August 18, 2009, 08:53:45 AM
Fantastic Show. You ever listen to Nox Arcana?

No idea what that is.  Tell me more.