HBO's Game of Thrones

Started by Bromptonboy, August 18, 2009, 06:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

Suffice it to say, I didn't see that episode coming. I mean, wow.

[spoiler]Figured someone would die, but not bloody all of them o_o[/spoiler]
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

X

Also, remember that this was not the season finale ... traditionally in most tv shows they save the most powerful things for the last episode of a season.

Jobydrone

Quote from: X on June 03, 2013, 09:06:09 PM
Also, remember that this was not the season finale ... traditionally in most tv shows they save the most powerful things for the last episode of a season.
Yes next week we get another wedding I believe, although I couldn't tell from the preview of the next episode.  That should be pretty good too!  Three weddings in three weeks!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Jobydrone on June 04, 2013, 10:37:02 AM
Quote from: X on June 03, 2013, 09:06:09 PM
Yes next week we get another wedding I believe, although I couldn't tell from the preview of the next episode.  That should be pretty good too!  Three weddings in three weeks!
right.  I am really curious to see how it differs from the books.
Pete

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

Just watched the latest episode.  Holy crap! 

X

Quote from: Rico on June 05, 2013, 07:55:00 PM
Just watched the latest episode.  Holy crap! 
Welcome to Westeros, now that the fun is over, it's time to get serious.

Rico

Yeah - you said it.  But,...

[spoiler]I'm back to square one again.  This has not been an easy show to watch.  Now with most of the Stark side killed off I have no one really left to root for.  Arya seems still way too young to be a threat any time soon (same for Bran).  Sansa is married off to Tyrion.  John Snow is now on the run.  Daerynerus (sp?) is doing ok and I'm sure is going to be an important part of the future but I want some payback.  It's hard for me to see so many bad people getting away with bad things.  Only one more episode this season at least.[/spoiler]

Bromptonboy

[spoiler]Not sure where this season will leave off, but it seems that it might be Joffrey's wedding.  If they handle that in the same way as the books, you will have someone to root for.  The Starks seem to be like Redshirts![/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

What I am wondering is....

[spoiler]if some characters switch alliances at some point.  Like Jamie or Tyrion. Don't tell me for sure, but something has to change at this point it seems.[/spoiler]

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Rico on June 06, 2013, 10:11:08 AM

[spoiler]Jaime becomes a more sympathetic character after the loss of his hand, and starts behaving with more honor.  I won't say anything about tyrion yet - as I don't know how the final episode will do down yet.[/spoiler]
Pete

Praxis

Quote from: ChrisMC on June 02, 2013, 01:11:55 PM
Quote from: Praxis on June 02, 2013, 12:10:44 PM
Quote from: ChrisMC on May 30, 2013, 02:13:39 PM
Quote from: X on May 30, 2013, 01:27:09 PM
Quote from: ChrisMC on May 29, 2013, 10:17:05 AM
Of course Jon Snow's origins are a complete mystery...it's mostly fan speculation. But Pete's theory is the top one.
Speculation true, but there are a bunch of facts in there that push you to that direction. Off the top of my head I can recall three things in the book that pretty much lay it all out, the only thing missing is in story confirmation. I think that the Red Witch might be the one to do that.
[spoiler]I'm sure this is nothing new, but I have come to think that a Song of Ice and Fire refers to Jon (Ice) and Daenerys (Fire), which is why I am fairly certain, or hopeful, that he did not meet his end in ADOD. (I think we may see some Lord of Light help) The 2 children of Rhaegar Targaryen ruling? [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Agreed. If I remember correctly, Jon's death-wound is described as "smoking" rather than "steaming" which might be a clue to his return (as a head of the dragon?). Maybe he'll be a Coldhands type of fella. hmm. [/spoiler]
[spoiler]or maybe he's going to Warg it and get stuck in Ghost????[/spoiler]
ooo, that'd be cool

ChrisMC

Wouldn't it? They certainly are setting it up more and more, especially in the last episode of the show.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Praxis

Quote from: Rico on June 06, 2013, 10:11:08 AM

[spoiler]if some characters switch alliances at some point.  Like Jamie or Tyrion. Don't tell me for sure, but something has to change at this point it seems.[/spoiler]

Much like real life, everything in shades of gray.....

ChrisMC

Just like Bob Dylan says, the times, they are are-a changin'. Not too many characters behave the way you expect them to in this series. Huge changes on the way for key players in the next 2 seasons.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/