Podcast # 241 - Skypecall

Started by Rico, August 23, 2009, 08:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Podcast # 241 is now up featuring the Skypecall we recorded yesterday.  Thanks to everyone that made it.  We had a good group and fun chat.  Enjoy the show gang.

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksInSciFi_241_Skypecall.mp3

X

Great podcast. Got a few comments since I didn't make it.

Harry Potter: Took the wife and kids to see it and we all loved it. The movies have never been like the books, so I didn't care that they changed things and my wife who has avoided hearing anything other than Dumbledor is gay really loved the ending. She wants to see the movies before she reads the books to see how it changes the experience.

GI Joe: Haven't seen the movie yet, but the origin of Cobra Commander seems far better in the movie. In the animated movie, he's a reject from Cobra-La and in the comics, well he's a upset used car sales man that turned to terrorism to make a buck. Also the idea the baroness was someone being used seems to be a take on the Stormshadow story. In several sources of media, he's actually a double agent that only a few high up Joes know about, he took the blame for killing his master so that they could have a plant in cobra. Later in the comics, he rejoins Joe.

Tranformers: Convoluted and silly. Why go through the steps to get to Prime when you could have done the same thing you did to Jetfire? Was decipti-chick just waiting at the school in the hopes that Sam would attend and she could be in position? Don't get me wrong, it was fun if you don't think about anything you see. A point a reviewer brought up in the inconsistency was that 4 decipticons do the deep dive, one's scrapped for parts to fix another ... however 5 are detected leaving the sea floor. 4-1+1=4. Good movie but you have to check your brain at the door and focus on the now. Any thought back to previous scenes will cause the movie to fall apart faster than wet toilet paper in a hurricane.

wraith1701

Thanks for letting us join your podcast Rico, it was a blast! Listening (re-listening?) to the show right now, and actually catching a few things I missed during the recording. Thanks again; looking forward to the next one. :)

Ceroth

I just wanted to write real quick and say thank you Rico for the Skype chat yesterday. I had a blast being on and it was cool to get to talk to everyone.

Rico

Glad you joined us Paul - and again thanks to all the rest that had the time to stop by and chat.  Really enjoyed it - as always.

Feathers

Awful audio on my part - next weeks podcast will be better, I promise!

It's always fun to listen to these, even the day after having been a part of them. Thanks.

(On the one other point I may have been able to contribute to, I believe BBC America simply beat SyFy to Dr Who and Torchwood this time around - no internal BBC favouritism or anything else. Coupled with that report was the suggestion that SyFy are cutting back on third party programming in favour of their home grown content, the better to make money of DVD and merchandise sales.)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

KingIsaacLinksr

If anyone was curious as to why I didn't say anything for 10 seconds, its because I realized at the last moment when I hit Rico's accept phone call, that my Mic was on and the reverb through the speakers would have been hellish, so I jammed in a pair of headsets as fast as possible and had to remember which was the mic mute button so I could untangle the cord. 

Kinda funny.

Otherwise, that was a great podcast as always and always a joy to talk with you fellow geeks.  Wish I had more input in the later stuff, but don't have cable :(.  Can't wait for the next one!

:)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Feathers

Don't worry. I didn't have US TV of any description :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Ronzo

Great podcast #241!! However, you left out one of the best movies of the year thus far. "G-FORCE" I thought it was better than "STAR TREK"

Help me, I am posting this as our two guniea pigs are pointing a tiny gun at my temple. Hurry before it is too late!!!  :shootgun:

RONZO :roflmao

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Ronzo on August 29, 2009, 10:22:26 PM
Great podcast #241!! However, you left out one of the best movies of the year thus far. "G-FORCE" I thought it was better than "STAR TREK"

Help me, I am posting this as our two guniea pigs are pointing a tiny gun at my temple. Hurry before it is too late!!!  :shootgun:

Hmm, the real question is, do we shoot you for not having a phaser?  Or kill them for being mean to a trekkie....

To kill or...to kill?  :P

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Ronzo

Quote from: Kinglinksr on August 29, 2009, 10:31:11 PM

Hmm, the real question is, do we shoot you for not having a phaser?  Or kill them for being mean to a trekkie....

King
Quote from: Kinglinksr on August 29, 2009, 10:31:11 PM

King

No worry!! I am safe, the R-FORCE hopped to the rescue. My rabbits knew if something happened to me that they would be out of a job performing magic several times each month.

RONZO