Buffy on Order

Started by Rico, March 31, 2010, 07:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I haven't bought a lot of higher end stuff the last year or so, but it's time to change that.  Got this really nice statue of Buffy on order from Sideshow.  I think they really captured her face well.  Looking forward to this piece being delivered.

P.S.  If anyone wants this, the Wait List thing at Sideshow does work.  That's how I got my order in.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2000301&utm_source=search0109

sheldor

I don't remember that red dress or black boots.

Feathers

Quote from: sheldore on March 31, 2010, 08:40:48 AM

I was thinking that...

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on March 31, 2010, 09:15:18 AM
Quote from: sheldore on March 31, 2010, 08:40:48 AM

I was thinking that...

It's basically an artistic rendition, not from any particular episode or scene.  The Slayer never had a throne either.  But I like it a lot.  :)

Rico

I ended up waiting and actually just got this piece today - finally.  Unboxing it right now.  More pics to follow!

Rico

Ok, here's a quick pic of this new statue.  It's really an awesome piece.  Very hard to take a picture that shows the color right on it.  Might have to go outside in some natural light sometime.  Anyway, I'll review it on an upcoming podcast. 

Rico

Here's one more image taken with a flash.

Geekyfanboy

Oh I saw this at Comic Con last year.. it's pretty awesome..

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on July 14, 2011, 04:49:15 PM
Oh I saw this at Comic Con last year.. it's pretty awesome..

It really is.  The pics do not do it justice at all.  I really need to set up a better, lighted area to take pics sometime.  I'm really impressed by the face sculpt.  The pics don't show it very well, but it really looks like Buffy/Sarah.  Super happy I finally got this one!

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I remember looking at it from different angles and some were dead on.

iceman

Dangelus

Hmm the looks very "Season 1" Buffy (the boots etc) but it looks like it's modelled on an slightly older season 3 or 4 Sarah Mchelle Gellar.

Very nice though.