The Cape

Started by Geekyfanboy, May 18, 2010, 08:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Well this isn't good news for a renewal.

NBC to release final 'Cape' ep online
Wednesday, March 2 2011, 9:22am EST
By Morgan Jeffery, TV Reporter

NBC has announced that the tenth episode of The Cape will be released exclusively online.

Earlier this month, the network cut the show's first season from 13 episodes to just 10 following a decline in ratings.

However, a post on the superhero drama's official website now claims that the final commissioned episode will be released as "an exclusive episode just for online fans".

The ninth episode of The Cape, which aired on February 28, scored a series low in the ratings, attracting just 4.1m viewers.

The show's time-slot on Mondays at 9/8c will now be filled by The Event, which is returning to NBC after a three-month hiatus.

Rico

Yep - I think someone posted that info a few posts back.  Once they cut the number of episodes the show was already most likely not coming back.  Another shame as it has gotten very interesting.  At this point we are going to have very little genre TV to watch next year.

No Smallville, most likely no Cape or V, probably no more No Ordinary Family, maybe no more Chuck, maybe no more Fringe.   :(

QuadShot

AND...I REFUSE to watch that garbage they call...The Event.

X

I think that thinning out the herd might raise the numbers on a few of the returning shows.

QuadShot

Only until the "herd" realizes what crap The Event is...

KingIsaacLinksr

So they'll cut the Cape, but won't cut the Event which has been universally slammed as a bad show. 

Nice.  TV next year is going to be depressingly small. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

X

Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on March 02, 2011, 01:03:21 PM
So they'll cut the Cape, but won't cut the Event which has been universally slammed as a bad show. 

King
You're making a big assumption there. They have paid for several more episodes of the Event and probably want to use what they paid for

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: X on March 02, 2011, 01:05:30 PM

King
You're making a big assumption there. They have paid for several more episodes of the Event and probably want to use what they paid for

Yeah, I'm sure they have.  w/e.  I guess its just how TV wants to operate right now and if that's how it is, I have plenty of other content I can focus my attention to. 

King

Dangelus

King

That's right. They have to broadcast the episodes of The Event that are paid for so they can go ahead and cancel it straight afterwards! Lol

X

Quote from: Dangelus on March 02, 2011, 01:19:33 PM

King

That's right. They have to broadcast the episodes of The Event that are paid for so they can go ahead and cancel it straight afterwards! Lol
pretty much, but who knows, people might actually flock to the show and make it a hit now that it's back.

Dangelus

It's been so long I've forgotten what happened!

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Dangelus on March 02, 2011, 01:31:35 PM
It's been so long I've forgotten what happened!

tl;dr: planes crashed, aliens came, people betrayed people, buildings blew up, more people died, some guy has attachment issues, cops aren't cops, etc?

And that's just from the first 6 episodes I watched.

King

QuadShot

King...now THAT's a funny show update!! :)

Rico

Tim should start "The Event" podcast.  LOL!  ;)

QuadShot

I agree Rico!! Tim, you record it and I'll produce it!! :)