The Cape

Started by Geekyfanboy, May 18, 2010, 08:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronzo

Should we start maiing pawns or another chess piece to NBC in order to keep "The Cape" on the air?

RONZO  :P

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Ronzo on February 03, 2011, 02:25:03 PM
Should we start maiing pawns or another chess piece to NBC in order to keep "The Cape" on the air?

RONZO  :P

Hey, I'm all for that.  :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

WillEagle

I like the show so far but, I don't have any extra chess pieces. Good idea though, Ronzo.

Rico

Fun recent episode with the bounty hunter team hunting The Cape.  Nice to see sort of a different type of episode and it also got Orwell out of her computer den too.  I really like how they slip in little bits from Vince's past with his family to let us learn more.  The stuff with his son Trip and his new buddy were fun too. 

Dangelus

I'm enjoying this show and I agree the latest episode is also a huge improvement though and I can see the show is developing nicely.

I am afraid we may end up with a situation where this show gets cancelled just as it finds its feet.... :(

Rico

Exactly.  The show is becoming very solid now.  And there isn't much else like it on TV.  They fill a nice little niche and I wish the ratings were better.

KingIsaacLinksr

Loved the latest episode, really hope it turns around and NBC doesn't cancel it.  I'll be very disappointed if they do.  idk why I love this show so much, maybe its the fact that its superhero-in-the-flesh type of show that Heroes never quite captured well and No Ordinary Family...isn't handling. I just don't want to see it disappear. 

King

X

I think I'm getting old. I still haven't seen the last few episodes of my genre shows, but I'm up to date on House, Royal Pains, and White Collar.

spaltor

I really behind on this show - I just watched the third episode last night, but the series is really growing on me.  The pilot episode just did not hold my attention at all, but I wanted to stick with it.  Each has gotten better, and I really enjoyed "Scales."  Maybe I'll catch up this weekend.  The problem for me is that it airs at the same time as Being Human US, and I am without DVR. 

I really like the run-down/criminal circus aspect.  Very cool.  It reminds me a bit of Coney Island.  Or how I imagine Coney Island to have been in it's heyday.

Rico

Easy answer and way to catch up.  All six episodes so far are here:

http://www.hulu.com/the-cape

spaltor

Yep, that's how I watch this show, since I know it will be on Hulu, and I watch Being Human as it airs. Since SyFy is doing the "30 days after airdate" crap with Being Human, just like they did with SGU, it's more important to me not to miss it.  Unfortunately, that means The Cape drops down on my TV priority list.

KingIsaacLinksr

Wow, who watched this week's episode?!  Excellent stuff, I really hope NBC doesn't axe it :(.  I just love this series, no real explanation for it, but I just simply love it.  :)

King

QuadShot

Tim, I think I know why, at least I like it...because it's fun. It's a comic book story in the real world, and they don't even try to make excuses for it. I enjoy this show a lot, and hope they don't cancel it. Just a side note, one of our listeners from Tales From The Mouse House left voicemail for us. She lives in California and one of her best friends father is a set designer on the Cape. She said (at least so far), they haven't heard anything substantial about cancellation. (I talked about the Cape on our last episode). So, cross your fingers!

Rico

Yep, it's a fun, very comic book type show.  And I'll say again that I hope the series gets a season two since it's getting more interesting each week.  :)

Rico

Really good and strong episode yesterday featuring the second part to The Lich story.  Some cool moments,....

[spoiler]I liked how Orwell was sort of dreaming about Vince.  Not sure if that means she has romantic feelings for him, or was just wishing he would save her.  Pretty much also confirms that Fleming is her father too.  All that plus the Cape going to his wife for help was awesome.  Still seems a bit weird she doesn't recognize his voice, etc.  Anyway, really cool episode![/spoiler]