STO Season 2

Started by Blackride, August 17, 2010, 04:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackride

Anyone playing STO at all? I re-enabled my account to play season 2. There is definitely allot more to do now at the higher levels and most of the quest/mission bugs that were irritating to start have been fixed. I am having fun again with this game. It's worth a try again if you haven't played it yet or have left because of lack of content in the past.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

billybob476

Yeah now that my basement reno is done and the computer is back down there I'm going to log in again. I played WoW for the first time in three months last night!

Let the horn blowing continue!

Rico

Hmm, might have to give it another whirl sometime soon.

Blackride

Quote from: Rico on August 17, 2010, 07:04:50 AM
Hmm, might have to give it another whirl sometime soon.

I didn't recall you playing originally Rico. What were your impressions?
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

KingIsaacLinksr

It's a pity I've retired from MMOs for the time being, if it's really that big a turn around, STO would be on my possible list for retrying.  Ah well....

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Blackride

OK now the game is putting me to sleep again. Except for the main story line missions, it's pretty boring. Arggg. I so want to like this game to....

Lanari

Hehe, this post filled me with hope to start with, then went down from there

I would guess the game is still basically the same it was at launch, been meaning to give it another try just waiting for it to improve a bit. Suppose there is only so many ways you can circle an enemy and fire weapons. I hope they have done something with the ground combat as that was really clunky.

Extra content is all good, but if its just the same type of content then it will get boring again.

Would love more opinions though

Rico

Welcome Lanari.  I tried ST: Online for a little while too.  A bit too much space mission stuff for my tastes, but I still say every fan who loves to game should give it a try.  Pretty inexpensive now too.

Blackride

Ok, just capped my guy.

Lanari, not much has changed. They are trying to put in more content like special missions and stuff but I think it's just going to take time. The game feels like the released it a little early not thinking people would level as fast as they did.

I personal like the CP store but others do not like to pay for things.

Jobydrone

Ha, they should know by now that as fast as they predict players will level to the cap, they need to multiply that by a factor of ten and maybe they'd be close.

I still want to try this game.  I still need a new computer though, which aint happening anytime soon.  I am going to really feel it when Catyclysm comes out. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

This summer has been so insane I haven't had time to log in at all. Hopefully after this weekend I'll be able to!

Blackride

Honestly I seem to be having more fun now that I capped my guy. I can go back and take my time on the missions I missed and just enjoy them.

billybob476

Do the replayed missions scale to your level?

Blackride

No, i am breezing through them solo :)

Blackride

OK the Fleet missions on this game are very hard. They are cool but very hard. They are also bugged like crazy.

The C-Store is very cool but people complain about the exchange rate. I like the fact that I can pay real money for in game things but others feel that people that are willing to spend real cash get the advantage.

They are also doing weekly/bi-weekly episodes which are really cool. They are VERY well balanced and are great stories. This could be a huge thing for a game like this.

All and all I am having fun but still lacks a true end game if you are not in favor of PVP which I am not. The other thing is that this game would be a ton more fun if I was in a good Star Trek fan fleet. I have yet to find one but I think that's just bad luck.