STO Season 2

Started by Blackride, August 17, 2010, 04:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Blackride on September 07, 2010, 03:32:02 PM
OK the Fleet missions on this game are very hard. They are cool but very hard. They are also bugged like crazy.

The C-Store is very cool but people complain about the exchange rate. I like the fact that I can pay real money for in game things but others feel that people that are willing to spend real cash get the advantage.

They are also doing weekly/bi-weekly episodes which are really cool. They are VERY well balanced and are great stories. This could be a huge thing for a game like this.

All and all I am having fun but still lacks a true end game if you are not in favor of PVP which I am not. The other thing is that this game would be a ton more fun if I was in a good Star Trek fan fleet. I have yet to find one but I think that's just bad luck.

hmm, should not have mentioned there was a store in this game. That's pretty much killed interest in this game for a long while.  I tend to PVP quite a bit so the fact that people can get the advantage via $$, is just not my thing.  I'm not rich enough. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Blackride

They try to balance it out but some people complain still.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Lanari

Quote from: Blackride on September 02, 2010, 10:16:26 AM
Honestly I seem to be having more fun now that I capped my guy. I can go back and take my time on the missions I missed and just enjoy them.

This is what keeps my interest peaked, i never gave the game the chance to get to max level. I just need the time commitment to resubscribe and hammer those levels

TreksInTeaching

I maxed out before the season 2 update went into affect.  Not sure what happened but having to wait for so long for the update to finally come killed my interest in playing more.  Now I'm going to look and see how DC Universe online looks after it releases.
Trek gets better and better the more it is shared.

Rico

Anyone playing much STO lately?  I'm getting tempted to jump back in.  I have a question regarding the bridges and uniforms that you can buy in the store online.  Do you have to reach a certain rank in the game to use those items?  Or can you use them right after you buy them?  How has season two been??

billybob476

Been awhile for me, between WoW, a few 360 games and life I haven't had a chance. Interested in hearing what's up.

jonno8339

Just installed demo to check whether my antiquated pc would play it. It does nicely, jonno8339 is my tag. Just going through tutorial atm
In life all you need to be happy is a roof over your head, a bottle of wine and a good episode of Star Trek....everything else is a bonus.

billybob476

Listen for Zachary Quinto's voice in the intro!

Blackride

I stopped playing STO last month. Season 2 was average at best. The story is OK but its the same old thing over and over again. Ground combat is sooo lacking its not even funny. The other real downside was that some of the high level missions took us almost 3 hours to complete.

All uniforms you can wear no matter what rank. Only ships have restrictions. Some ships are more powerfull then what you can get for free in game. People complain about this all the time.

I am a Star Trek fan just like everyone here, but that only goes so far. SWG was a much better game when compared to this. This game had so much to build on with all the Star Trek histoy. It just fails....and not to mention a TON of bugs.

Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear but I am just being honest. I would like to hear others opinions!
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Rico

I only played a short time, but one of my biggest issues was the space mission vs. "quest" or story/ground mission stuff.  There was a much greater percentage of space combat stuff than I felt they should have.  Trek has never really been about space battles.  And that certainly isn't the way to go for an MMO.  I still want to give the game another go, just to experience some of the "trek missions" they have added in.  Anyway, I have also heard the game might offer a free version soon.  Maybe that will encourage some others to try it too.

Blackride

There are more ground missions with Season 2 but the problem with that is that is exposes the weakness of the game :(

TreksInTeaching

I have recently gotten into the MMO DCUO online with its Beta testing.  This is an incredibly fun and addictive game.  It may not be Trek, but the ability to fly and battle super heroes and villains is amazing.  the maps are fairly large, and the controls end up being pretty intuitive :-).  Just an idea for those looking for a change.

Blackride

Quote from: TreksInTeaching on December 05, 2010, 04:55:17 PM
I have recently gotten into the MMO DCUO online with its Beta testing.  This is an incredibly fun and addictive game.  It may not be Trek, but the ability to fly and battle super heroes and villains is amazing.  the maps are fairly large, and the controls end up being pretty intuitive :-).  Just an idea for those looking for a change.

I would love to hear more information as you go along on with the beta! Screen shots would be awesome also!

Rico

Quote from: TreksInTeaching on December 05, 2010, 04:55:17 PM

If you want to post any screenshots or discuss the DC Universe online game more, I would suggest you start a new thread.

TreksInTeaching

Will do Rico, sorry if I broke any posting rules by discussing it here.  I will start a new thread as soon as I have some screen shots to share with you guys.