Trip to Sci-Fi Museum in Seattle

Started by jedijeff, August 28, 2010, 08:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedijeff

I went to the Sci-Fi museum in Seattle today. I must say it is way cool, and they have plenty of real cool props and other Sci-Fi related Items

Here is a link to my Facebook gallery

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?aid=248653&id=643363487

When I get home I will post them to my site and put in a new link. Sorry for the low quality, not allowed to use flashes in the museum, and it was lighted darkly, and we did not have a tripod, so could not really use our SLR, so stuck to the point and click mostly.

I was probably most excited to see some of the Lost in Space Props, since I have never seen any before. The Robot B9 was real cool, they also had a rifle that Dr Robinson had used in the series, which I had really liked. Even though I did not think much of the movie, it was cool to see Major West's suit that Matt Leblanc had worn. Also seeing Muffit from the Original Battlestar Galactica was really cool as well.

They had some real cool items in the museum, and I guess coming in the next month or so, they will have a exhibit of the new BSG.

moyer777

Great stuff Jeff.  Now that they let you take pictures, I may have to figure out how to take some pics with the SLR without a flash.  COOL!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

ElfManDan

Quote from: moyer777 on August 28, 2010, 10:42:03 PM
Great stuff Jeff.  Now that they let you take pictures, I may have to figure out how to take some pics with the SLR without a flash.  COOL!

I remember once when I went lots of people taking pictures with their camera phones, but alas I didn't (still don't) have a camera phone.

I need to go back sometime again soon. Been a few years I think. Great pictures Jeff.

davekill

They had the Dome from Silent Running - nice!

jedijeff

I wish I had a tripod or a mono pod, as would have been easier to take pictures with our Canon, but at least was able to get some pictures to remember.

The Dome was cool, I guess it also appeared in the Original Battlestar Galactica, so it gets around.

Vartok

Some museums will let you submit a tripod request since most won't allow them in general.  However, some may even let you in early with a tripod request.  Barring that a monopod and your fastest DSR lens (lowest f-stop capable) can make do with the dark, using a f/1.4 would be ideal, but those are a bit pricey.  You can get f/1.8 for around $200 from Nikon and with a stable position get good photos without flash.

V