Star Trek XI - spoilers!

Started by spidey27, July 22, 2006, 05:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

You have failed me for the last time...

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

Great pics, excitement is building. I see what you mean Rico, regarding Paul McGillion. I reckon Peggy will pull off a fine job, lets face it if you are doing this film, its similar to Daniel doing Bond, you really can't afford to mess it up.

Meds

Looks like the film has been delayed till  8th May 2009, due to Paramount saying "the pic's gross potential is greater as a summer tentpole", Kind of obvious really.

wraith1701

Trek Movie.com announced a couple of days ago that DS9 extra Greg Ellis has joined the cast to play the Chief engineer of the Enterprise.

An excerpt from the article-

QuoteChief engineer? What about Scotty?
[SPOILERS]

Little is known about Ellis' role as Chief Engineer except to say that it is a speaking role with multiple scenes. Some may be wondering why Ellis' Olsen (and not Simon Pegg's Scotty) is being listed as the Chief Engineer. However it should be remembered that this film is primarily a prequel to The Original Series. TrekMovie.com has already reported that the original crew characters go through their own arcs in Star Trek. For example Kirk (Chris Pine) does not start off as captain. So just like Bruce Greenwood's Pike is the captain of the Enterprise for part of the film, so, too is Greg Ellis the Chief Engineer.

According to a source, Scotty may appear for part of the film as a civilian. However, it is confirmed with multiple sources that he eventually steps into his iconic role as Chief Engineer of the Enterprise under James T. Kirk. And TrekMovie.com has got one other Scotty report that is a bit strange but here it is...apparently at some point Scotty has a "midget sidekick." It isn't clear if this tip has anything to do with the casting call for little people in January. Not really sure what to make of that one, but it is from a reliable source so thought it should be passed along. Maybe a drinking buddy.

Rico

Geekyfanboy

Rico

You are too fast Kenny, I already fixed it.   ;)

Geekyfanboy

:) Well you know I live on these forums...

Geekyfanboy

cool interview.. just wish the women would hold the mic up to herself when she asked a question.

wraith1701

Here's a pic of the kid playing Young Spock in the next film-

and a comparison pic of the animated version of the famous vulcan-

I think it works.  I don't know if the kid can act, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Here's a link to the story from TrekMovie.com-http://trekmovie.com/2008/02/27/meet-little-spock/#more-1649

Rico

wraith1701

Thanks for the link, Rico.

I like what Yelchin said about trying to stay true to the spirit of the character Koenig brought to life, while also putting his own spin on it (paraphrasing here).  I like this approach much more than if he were to try and mimic Koenig's performance right down to the last detail.  In my opinion, that would come dangerously close to looking like a parody. 

This film is probably going to shake things up quite a bit; but as long as all of the actors (and Abrahms) take the same approach that Yelchin speaks of, it just might prove to be a revitalizing shot in the arm (something that a lot of folks say Trek needs right now).

Ktrek

The more I think about it the more that moving the film to May might not have been the best decision. With the elections coming up and the thought of people wanting a hope for the future Christmas would have been able to ride on that impetus. By May things may be back to business as usual and people will slip back into their pessimism about tomorrow. I hope that's not the case. We have way too many dark, doom, and gloom sci-fi shows and movies. What other show or movies portray a positive future besides Trek?

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

moyer777

I was updating my movie listings and came across this little picture gallery, kind of cool, we've seen most ofthem.

http://movies.aol.com/movie-photo/star-trek-new-enterprise-cast-photos but it was still cool.

:)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com