The Walking Dead

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 10, 2010, 10:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ori-STUDFARM

If it's possible to be both a gratuitous story and a story about the characters, I think Walking Dead covers them both.

I've heard people say that "The Walking Dead" title is refering to the survivors, not the zombies. And that seems about right. The show is definitely all about the characters....but doesn't shy away from the horrific. A couple of times, the horrific has become really unsavoury. But always with the main focus on the survivors themselves and their reactions rather than the horrific acts taking place.

Definitely in my top 5 TV shows. Although my top 5 seems to be getting longer and longer!

ori-STUDFARM

I've just watched the third part (i think). Wow!! What an ending. I should have seen it coming, but I didn't!! Just...WOW!!

Bryancd

Holy Frack! Last night's episode, didn't see that coming!

[spoiler]I mean I know they have been setting him up as unstable but whoa! To shot the guy to be able to escape and save the boy...they did a great job setting up his obsession with Rick's family.[/spoiler]

Rico

Another awesome episode.  One thing I really liked about this one was the conversation between Rick and his wife Lori about their son and what to do.  Perfectly scripted and awesome acting.  This show just somehow gets better and better every week!

M-5

This week's episode was awesome.  I can't believe what happened this week.  I can't wait until next week.

Dangelus

Yep another awesome and powerful episode!

One thing:

[spoiler]Did they try to show us that he had got bit by a zombie? When he took his shirt off it looked like he was examining a bite mark on his back and just before he shaved his hair it looked like he was examining a dead looking patch of skin on his scalp. Then it cut to him shooting the other guy to escape. [/spoiler]

Rico

I think not, in answer to your question Dan.

Bryancd

Quote from: Dangelus on November 01, 2011, 04:22:48 AM
Yep another awesome and powerful episode!

One thing:

[spoiler]Did they try to show us that he had got bit by a zombie? When he took his shirt off it looked like he was examining a bite mark on his back and just before he shaved his hair it looked like he was examining a dead looking patch of skin on his scalp. Then it cut to him shooting the other guy to escape. [/spoiler]

Yeah, I think Dan..

[spoiler]They were showing his wounds from fighting with the other guy, especially where he pulled a chunk of his hair out.[/spoiler]

ori-STUDFARM

Bryan is right. They made a deliberate point of showing 

[spoiler] him grab a chunk of his hair.

My initial thoughts were that it may have been a bite and thought that was where they were going until they showed the "struggle"[/spoiler]

Dangelus

Hmmm very clever writing then to make you question it. Top notch.

Bryancd

This past Sundays episode was SO FRACKIN' GOOD!!!

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on November 15, 2011, 07:01:37 AM
This past Sundays episode was SO FRACKIN' GOOD!!!

YEP!  Just like every episode is!  :)

Dangelus

The ending got me thinking somebody on the production may have read Brett Hammond's short story "Rural Dead" that was done in audio by Martian Creative  ;)

ori-STUDFARM

Strangely, that story sprung to my mind too. So now we have to figure out why or what they're doing!!

Scott

I'm just happy the show seems to be (very loosely) following the comics. I have hopes that a certain sword wielding woman will show up.
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers