Halo: Reach

Started by QuadShot, September 16, 2010, 09:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadShot

Ok, anyone buy this and play it yet? I'm looking for a new games (1st person shooter type), I'm HUGE into Modern Warfare2 but need something to tide me over until Black Ops in November. I've never played Halo before.  Anyone think Halo: Reach is worth the buy?  :shootgun:

Rico

A friend of mine got the game and seems to like it.  He said it's a bit hard and he is a seasoned Halo player.  But he says it's a lot of fun!

Jobydrone

Everything I've seen or read has been very positive.  It's been called the definitive multiplayer experience on the XBox 360.

Regarding the Call Of Duty franchise, you should keep in mind that Black Ops is not an Infinity Ward produced title.  Infinity Ward are the creators of COD 2, COD: Modern Warfare, and COD: Modern Warfare 2.  COD 3, COD: World at War, and the upcoming COD: Black Ops are created by Treyarch, who generally are percieved as producing competent games but not of the same quality or calibre of the Infinity Ward produced titles. 

You should also be aware that most if not all of the creative talent at Infinity Ward have recently left the company following a highly publicized controversy surrounding the purchase of their company by Activision and the subsequent firing of their two directors and withholding of promised bonuses and payouts after the massive success of Modern Warfare 2.  Much of the talent behind the best COD games are now at a new company called Respawn Entertainment, who have yet to announce the project they are working on.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Same here, heard while it doensn't do anything revolutionary it is a very solid game. With WoW,Starcraft 2 and Red Dead I just don't have the time or I'd be all over it!

QuadShot

Thanks guys! I guess I'll at least give it a shot (pun intended), and if I don't like it, GameStop has a pretty great trade-in value on it I'm sure! :)

Thanks Joby, I had heard all that and I know it'll be an "iffy" thing with the new title/new company. I believe that Treyarch did the newest online map pack for MW2, which is pretty cool. Al

Jobydrone

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Respawn Entertainment is working on.  They were supposed to have a big announcement at E3 but that didn't wind up happening.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

My brother just called me and said he finished it in 7 hours!

QuadShot

Finished Halo in 7 hours? Man, is the campaign that short? Hopefully multi-play is better...

Bryancd

Quote from: QuadShot on September 16, 2010, 12:02:29 PM
Finished Halo in 7 hours? Man, is the campaign that short? Hopefully multi-play is better...

No! That's just it, he played it coop with his roomate (they are in collge at UVM) and they are all so good at these games, they just rushed through working together. Kids...  ::)

QuadShot

Ah...so, it'll take me a couple weeks! :) I think I'm going to pick it up tongiht...Hey Bryan, you game at all?

Bryancd

I used to but my iMac is getting long in the tooth and I haven't gotten a console game yet. We almost bought a PS3 but just got a blur ray player instead. Over the past few year I spend all my free time training for Ironman races, I just don't have a lot of free time for it but maybe next year. I am playing the Force Unleashed on my Mom's laptop, though. :)

QuadShot

that is a cool game. I need to start spending less time playing and more time training now...actually, we've decided to start training for PF Chang's Oct 1 (we're on vacation then)...

Bryancd

I know! That's so great, let me know if you guys need any help with that.

I was always a FPS guy, starting with MARATHON and the UNREAL and UNREAL II and UNREAL Tournament for multiplayer. More recently I loved the original Call of Duty game and expansions. Oh, and Jedi Outcast is still the best SW game. :)

Blackride

I honestly am sick of Halo. Everything seems the same over and over again. I know I am in the minority :)
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Jobydrone

I'm with you Blackride, I never had an original Xbox until very late in its life cycle so I never caught the Halo bug from the original or Halo 2.  I've since played them all but never quite understood the rabid fan base they have generated.  And multiplayer...well if I really wanted to be teased and cursed at by a bunch of fourteen year old boys I'll head down to the mall or something.  I have no desire to have that experience in my living room.