How much TV do you watch?

Started by Bryancd, September 28, 2010, 08:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Well I watch alot of TV (especially now that I'm out of work), most of it is DIY and HGTV but we watch six to seven hours a day. Lots of time it will be on in the background while I'm on the computer working, surfing or editing a podcast.

Out of that six to seven hours of TV I'd say a few hours of it is primetime stuff.

Monday - HIMYM, The Event 1.5 hours
Tuesday - Raising Hope, Glee, No Ordinary Family 2.5 hours
Wednesday - Modern Family, Cougar Town 1 hour
Thursday - Big Bang Theory .5 hour
Friday - Clone Wars .5 hour
Saturday - Nothing 0 hour
Sunday - Amazing Race, Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Extreme Makeover Home Edition 3.5 hours

Bromptonboy

I think I am at about 7-8 hours a week as well.  We really only watch about 1 hour a night after the kids are in bed.  There are no shows that I am really following these days.  I will watch Caprica when it comes back on.
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on September 28, 2010, 12:16:51 PM
I find it curious that you would specifically mention that you don't watch "reality TV."  I'm certain you don't watch daytime soap operas or Nickelodeon teen shows as well but you did not feel the need to mention those...

Actually I have on occasion watched a couple of soap operas and some Nick shows at times.  ;)

sheldor

Let's see

Mon - Chuck, Castle, Hawaii 5-O
Tue - No Ordinary Family, NCIS, NCIS LA
Wed - The Middle
Thu - Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Mentalist
Fri - Batman, Clone Wars
Sat - MSU football
Sun - Simpsons, Rubicon

Ktrek

The only shows I am currently watching areL

NCIS
The Middle
Mike and Molly
Hawaii Five-0

So that's less than three hours of comercial free a week.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Bryancd on September 28, 2010, 05:04:31 PM
Quote from: Geekyfanboy on September 28, 2010, 01:05:15 PM
Saturday - Nothing 0 hour

Date night. :)

Ummm no.. just nothing on primetime TV.. didn't say I didn't TV.. just not network TV

billybob476

Currently enjoying Iron Chef America battle peanuts. Bobby Flay vs. Canadian chef Lynn Crawford.

davekill

About none.
I had cable a couple of years ago, but after moving to this house didn't bother.
With podcasts and radio, I'm much more mobile.

KingIsaacLinksr

I watch 0 hours of TV. 

Ok, I do watch Hulu/Netflix, but that really doesn't count.  I can't stand commercials on TV anymore, drives me nuts.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

wraith1701

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on September 28, 2010, 09:11:28 AM
Currently I'm watching or plan to watch:

Walking Dead

Crap; I forgot about that!  OK; between Caprica and Walking Dead, I guess I'll be watching about 2 hours a week, once the shows start up.  I'm still on the fence about Smallville.  It seems like too much stuff has happened since I last watched it; I'm afraid I'd be lost.  And Clone Wars... I dunno.

ElfManDan

I almost never watch things when they air, I'm busy with school usually and stuff and the guy I live with hogs the TV almost all the time he's home (which includes now in the next room). It's not to bad cause I don't care so much.

The stuff I will watch or have this week include;
Chuck, Castle, The Colony, Glee, Stargate Universe, Big Bang, Fringe, Dexter, and the IRL race.

Darkmolerman

I've watch far to much TV, because of the DVR I forget when things are on but I watch enough Fox and Syfy to make the most sane person nuts. Every day I think is covered by a TV show. So safe to say 6-10 hours.
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Jobydrone

Quote from: wraith1701 on September 28, 2010, 11:07:24 PM
Crap; I forgot about that!  OK; between Caprica and Walking Dead, I guess I'll be watching about 2 hours a week, once the shows start up.  I'm still on the fence about Smallville.  It seems like too much stuff has happened since I last watched it; I'm afraid I'd be lost.  And Clone Wars... I dunno.

I did a nine season catch up on Smallville over the past year in order to get caught up in time to watch the end of season 9.  That was a lot of Smallville.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

wraith1701

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on September 29, 2010, 07:55:14 AM
Quote from: wraith1701 on September 28, 2010, 11:07:24 PM

I did a nine season catch up on Smallville over the past year in order to get caught up in time to watch the end of season 9.  That was a lot of Smallville.
Dang; how many episodes is that?  Was it pretty good? 

What's got my interest up is the fact that they seem to be exploring the whole DC universe in the series.  What's got me leaning towards giving the show a pass is that I get the impression that everything is being thrown in without rhyme or reason... Kinda like they're desperately throwing everything into the show to spike viewership.  So far, they have Brainiac, Zod, The Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, and it looks like Dr. Fate is in there too? And Hawkman?  All of these characters are hanging around Smallville & Metropolis?