New Kirk statue coming soon

Started by Rico, October 13, 2010, 02:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I'm not super thrilled with the likeness, but at least a new line of Trek statues is coming.

he first of the Hollywood Collectibles Group's Trek statues will be released on the first quarter of 2011, and  is now available for reserve preorder. The hand-painted 10 inch statue of James T. Kirk sitting in his command chair (from the original Star Trek) is made from heavyweight polystone and is presented in 1:6 scale. Hollywood Collectibles is offered in two versions. The regular edition statue is limited to 600, and is available directly from Hollywood Collectibles Group's website and online retailers for $199.95.

learn more here:
http://trekmovie.com/2010/10/12/new-star-trek-statues-coming-from-hollywood-collectibles-first-look-at-kirk-statue/

davekill

Maybe it's the artist's self portrait.   :archer

I like the detail, very nice.

Rico

I've read some people say it looks better in person (who have seen prototypes).  But for $200, I'd be scared to test that out.

Bryancd

Yeah, it doesn't look like Shatner but it reminds me of another actor but I am drawing a blank.

jedijeff

My Friend has some mini busts he got a few years back on the Original Crew, all the likeness are great except for Kirk, doesn't look a thing like him. He actually offered to sell me the set, but I could not get past that Kirk did not look like Kirk. Kirk must be difficult to sculpt for some reason, as a lot of things seem real hit and miss in terms of likeness.

I guess it is nice some one is coming out with some nicer Trek pieces, I guess like you say Rico, might look better in person, unfortunately with pieces like that, you don't really get the chance unless some Comic Shop has one or see it at a Toy Show or a Con.

Dangelus

It looks like Gordon Ramsay attending a Trek convention to me! ;)

Nice detail though.

Meds

LOl I was just about to Say its Gordon Ramsay.

Rico

jedijeff

Maybe they should just change the picture on the side of the box to reflect what the statue looks like, so no one feels cheated  ;D

Apologies to Captain Kirk

sheldor

Dangelus

davekill

Close.

Will the real Captain please stand up?

Rico

Dangelus

That's genius! hahaha

I can imagine Gordon Ramsay on the bridge barking orders. Mind you with the amount of swearing that fella does the show would have to be on HBO! "Hell's Starship" ;)

Meds

Dan I see a Danger Signs Sketch coming on