Willow Statue

Started by Rico, December 29, 2010, 05:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Sideshow Toys has a new Willow statue coming.  They do a great job with these Buffy pieces and I'm very tempted by this one.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2000561

Geekyfanboy

Hmmm I think they are taking some liberties with this character.. Willow was never that "sexy"

Bryancd

This is from "buffy" right? And this is Allison Haggerty, the girl who was in the American pie movies, right? I only know her from the films. Having said that, if i bought a statue of a teenage girl all sexed up like that, I think jamie would be concerned about me...and so would I.  :shocked
This is almost like one of those anime stautes they sell at Entertainment Earth with the naught bits pixilated! LOL!

Rico

I look at these as works of art.  And this Willow piece is no where near as risque as some items you can buy these days (not to mention other things you can find online).  ;)
I think the facial likeness is very good.  I guess everyone has different tastes.  Now, if they would just do a Katee/Starbuck statue like this!   :wub

Here's another image showing the face close up.

Geekyfanboy

I'm not saying I don't like it.. just this pose and look is very uncharacteristic of Willow.. but then again if they did a "real'" Willow statue I guess guys wouldn't be interested.

Rico

I was responding more to Bryan.  And I kind of agree with you Kenny.  But you know what they say, "sex sells."

X

Yeah, I'm glad I wasn't the only one that felt a little dirty looking at that. I think the paint on shorts are what makes it a bring risqué.

X

Never mind ... Just did a web search and discovered that there are real pictures of her that blow the statue away.

Rico

Quote from: X on December 29, 2010, 11:19:23 AM
Never mind ... Just did a web search and discovered that there are real pictures of her that blow the statue away.

Yes - of Alyson.  But in defense of the Willow statue look here, she did wear some shorts skirts early on in the series.  As in this pic with Buffy and Cordelia.