MASH 4077 Podcast

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 15, 2011, 01:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

LOL I'm going to have to watch you ;)

Harry is just a guest host, we have several coming up but you will have to wait and see. ;)

PS its not Freud.

Zarabeth32

Yeah I know. It's really Greek.  ;)
In honor of my still living father - "I drank what?"

Zarabeth32

A question. How are you all making it sound so clear? Don't you all live in different parts of the world? It sounds like you are all in the same room. Is it Skype?

Meds

Well we use Skype to talk to each other and Kenny records the skype call using pamela as a back up. What we do at the same time is record our own vocal track using either audacity or garage band and then send them to Kenny who mixes all the tracks together top create the podcast. Its a lot of hard work for him and I am always amazed how great it sounds so kudo's to Kenny.

Dangelus

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on May 20, 2011, 12:09:51 PM
Well we use Skype to talk to each other and Kenny records the skype call using pamela as a back up. What we do at the same time is record our own vocal track using either audacity or garage band and then send them to Kenny who mixes all the tracks together top create the podcast. Its a lot of hard work for him and I am always amazed how great it sounds so kudo's to Kenny.

That's interesting, what about the parts where somebody talks over somebody else? I'm sure that happens, like when you guys have chuckle, but I haven't noticed any distortion. Great editing I suppose.

Feathers

Wow, that must be a lot of work. I never realised all that went on behind the scenes.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Dangelus

I think Tim and Brad do the same thing for Appytimes. It makes all the dialogue sound "local". Quality editing but yes it does sound like a lot of work.

Zarabeth32

Great Job Kenny! It all sounds very natural!

Meds

Well we do a count down at the beginning of the recording so we get a clap start. That way all vocal tracks should align. All three tracks are put into the programme and then mixed together so we all should sound like we are together. :D

Geekyfanboy

Thanks.. and yes Harry is just a guest host.. he'll be in a few more.. we also have Al's wife Joyce joins us for a few as well.

Yes it's a ton of work but it sounds great. I use Avid and laid down two tracks per person. So Harry and I are on track 1 & 2, Meds is on track 3 & 4 and Al is on track 5 & 6.

I sync them up and then go through and remove anything that over laps.. who ever the dominating voice is get the air and the other I pull out. So if Meds and I start talking at the same time.. one of use will stop because we hear the other and they other one will continue.. I'll just pull out the person who started talking at the same time so you just hear the one person.. it's a lot of work.. but I think it sounds great.

QuadShot

Yep...it's Magic. After all, Kenny DID go to Hogwarts! :)

Zarabeth32

Definitely a lot of work but it does pay off.

Meds,

I love how you say "Gentlemen" in your intro. It's very suave and cool.  8)

Dangelus

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on May 20, 2011, 06:25:38 PM
Thanks.. and yes Harry is just a guest host.. he'll be in a few more.. we also have Al's wife Joyce joins us for a few as well.

Yes it's a ton of work but it sounds great. I use Avid and laid down two tracks per person. So Harry and I are on track 1 & 2, Meds is on track 3 & 4 and Al is on track 5 & 6.

I sync them up and then go through and remove anything that over laps.. who ever the dominating voice is get the air and the other I pull out. So if Meds and I start talking at the same time.. one of use will stop because we hear the other and they other one will continue.. I'll just pull out the person who started talking at the same time so you just hear the one person.. it's a lot of work.. but I think it sounds great.

Thanks for the insight on how you produce the show. It does sound awesome doing it this way. It's interesting that Skype is only there so you guys can talk to each other but the Skype audio isn't actually used at all.

Meds

Zarabeth thank you, :)

Zarabeth32

You're Welcome Meds!  ;)