eFX Luke reveal Saber - preorder 2/14

Started by Rico, February 11, 2011, 02:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Looks like this saber is finally going to go up for preorder next Monday, Feb. 14th.  It looks very slick.  A tempting item!   :starwars:

Here is a quick excerpt from the eFX site:

- MSRP: $499 Plus S/H and applicable taxes
- Edition size determined by Pre-Orders. Limited to 1000 pieces worldwide
- Constructed in aluminum, brass and copper
- Screen accurate LED effects of red and green arrows
- Glowing green crystal
- Numbered metal plaque
- eFX stand and base to display lightsaber either closed or open
- Certificate of authenticity
- 3 Payment plan will be available: $150 Deposit plus 2 payments of $174.50
S/H and applicable sales tax will be added to the last payment.

http://www.efxcollectibles.com/p-109-luke-skywalker-reveal-lightsaber-rotj-pre-order.aspx#

Bryancd

Yeah, whenever one of these popped up over at the RPF, I loved looking! If I were to get another static hilt to go with my Luke ANH Graflex it would be either this one or the ROTJ V2. They have that stunt V2 coming out as well at a much more palatable price point, I might get that.

sheldor

Rico

ElfManDan

Are we absolutely sure this is a collectible? Cause that's not what I think of when I see this. (just saying)

jedijeff

Cool Lightsaber, does look very nice. Will be interested to hear if you get it, sounds like it is nicely constructed with some nice materials. I wish there would be some way for a person to look at something like this before buying. The internet is great in that these types of items are more easy to get, and probably cheaper then if they had to produce and then send to stores. But on the other hand, would be nice to see something before buying it as sometimes a picture isn't enough. I guess that might be where cons come into play as these items are usually on display. I suspect though based off past history, that this will be a real nice piece.

Adama

iceman

Im Waiting for the Mace Windu reveal saber.

Rico

Bryancd

I think when it comes to this company, quality is assured at this point. Not sure where a Mace revealed would make sense. This ROTJ Luke is all about the new footage in the upcoming DVD release.

Rico

Upcoming Blu-Ray release!  ;)

P.S. But they've been working on this quite awhile now.

Rico

Preorder is up later today.  Probably going to pass on this.  I already have the MR Elite Luke ROTJ Saber, which is really nice too.  But, maybe some of the secondary dealers will have this for less.

Rico

Looks like they are down to about 100-200 of the 1000 preorders left.  Darn it, why did I look?  Getting tempted again by the dark side of collecting!  :)

jedijeff

Even though I am not getting this, it is great to hear it is selling well. Good for the future, as might be a sign the market for higher end collectibles is getting better. I have the feeling efx has been sitting on some things, so maybe some more things will get released in the future.

Rico

You know what's tempting me is they are basically doing this payment plan thing with it.  Breaking this up into easier to digest thirds for the cost is nice over the months before it comes out.  Much easier to swallow then.