Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace in 3D

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 03, 2011, 10:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

I had forgotten how soon this was coming on. There is a Denzel Washington movie starting that same weekend so I wonder how well this will do. I figure it will rake in the dough!

Rico

X

I have yet to see a commercial in the states.

Rico

I've seen the Brisk Tea commercial with Darth Maul a couple times so far.  We are still a few weeks away from the release date.

Rico

WillEagle

Cool posters. Even though this is my least favorite of the new trilogy I will go see it again.

ricdude

When I saw Tintin 3D (hey, it was the matinee, at least), they showed the 3D trailer for SW:Ep 1. I must say, the conversion looked pretty good. Lots of head on podrace action, some gratuitous light saber pointing, etc.

Now, it seems like they would pick the most amazing shots for the trailer, but it's certainly the natural progression of Star Wars: adapting to the new technology with upgrades and re-releases.

Oddly enough, I think the kids were extra psyched since I just started showing my kids the prequels the week before, as we got the blu ray set for Christmas. Probably good to have the more durable media, i worry when They pull out the original series VHS tapes...

I guess if that's the only real chance they'll have to see it on the big screen, we just might have to have our next 6 family movie nights out set! (yes, Kenny, I'm *only* doing it for the kids ;) )

Rico

Some cool promotion stuff at AMC theaters, including special "podracer style" 3D glasses.

AMC Theaters has announced exclusive activities and giveaways for the February 10 release of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace 3D:

The first chapter of the Star Wars Saga arrives in theatres for the first time ever in 3D starting February 10, and AMC theatres across the country are celebrating the occasion with plans to make opening weekend one for fans and families to remember!

To mark the return of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace to theatres, now in immersive 3D, kids, collectors and Star Wars fans of all ages will receive an all-new Hasbro Star Wars Fighter Pod with the purchase of each RealD 3D ticket for Episode I, all weekend long, February 10-12 only at AMC theatres (limit one per ticket, while supplies last).

Additionally, 10 AMC theatres in the United States will host exclusive event screenings in RealD 3D to bring the fun of Star Wars in 3D to life for families and fans. Starting Saturday, Feb. 11 at 11 a.m. local time, select theatres will offer activities, giveaways, and interactive experiences. Fans can expect (while supplies last):

* Exclusive Anakin Skywalker Podracer 3D glasses with ticket purchase, to truly get into the speed and spectacle of 3D Star Wars on the big screen.

* A Hasbro Star Wars FIGHTER PODS collectible toy with RealD 3D ticket purchase

* A LEGO(r) feature area

* Darth Maul face-painting; a chance to reveal your inner Sith Lord at long last!

* Special character appearances for photo opportunities

* Demonstrations of the upcoming Xbox Kinect(tm) Star Wars(tm)

The 10 participating Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace exclusive event screening theatres are:

Atlanta: AMC Southlake 24; Boston: AMC Loews Liberty Tree Mall 20; Chicago: AMC South Barrington 30; Denver: AMC Highlands Ranch 24; Los Angeles: AMC Tustin 14 at The District; AMC Ontario Mills 30; New York: AMC Empire 25; AMC Garden State 16; Phoenix: AMC Mesa Grand 24; San Francisco: AMC Emeryville Bay Street 16

Geekyfanboy

I'm so looking forward to this in the theaters again and in 3D

Meds

I'd love to be excited but you know, i'm really not. I hate to say it but i'm going (for a podcast special) with very low expectations and thats only because i did not like it when i first saw it (bar the lightsaber fight). Now I have a lot more to gain as I didnt like the film and i cant stand 3D so theoretically I should be on a winner lol

Bryancd

ElfManDan

Though I'd enjoy to see it in theaters again, I just don't want to see it in 3D. I hate the glasses and 3D just doesn't work for me anyway. It looks the same in 3D as a regular movie to me. And I'll agree with Meds to a degree it's not exactly my favorite of the Star Wars films, so I don't really want to spend the extra money, or wear the irritating glasses.

X

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on January 29, 2012, 12:17:22 PM
I'd love to be excited but you know, i'm really not. I hate to say it but i'm going (for a podcast special) with very low expectations and thats only because i did not like it when i first saw it (bar the lightsaber fight). Now I have a lot more to gain as I didnt like the film and i cant stand 3D so theoretically I should be on a winner lol
I'm not going see it for the same reasons and I LOVE 3D. 3D just isn't enough to convince me to see it again. I'm not even slightly interested in seeing as my daughter calls it "the bad star wars movie with the stupid annoying monster with the floppy ears."

Bromptonboy

I'll go see this with my son, since he shares my enthusiasm for Star Wars.  He is too young to have seen any of these on the big screen, so this will be a treat.
Pete

M-5

I'd love to see it in the theaters again, but I'm not really a 3-D person.