Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace in 3D

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 03, 2011, 10:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on October 16, 2011, 01:10:38 PM
Drop.....dead.....fred..... Me and you need to have a good chat when we meet up in October lol. Trust me you will love all the nods to films and the writing is just brilliant. If you like Shaun of the dead and Hot fuzz you will love Spaced.

Kenny the whole point of Tim (peggs character) is he feels betrayed by Lucas and that new viewers who's first film is TPM really like it. Its all done in humour. You realky should watch spaced its such a awesome programme. After that scene Tom gets rebuked by the owner who reminds him that every generation has a new film close to their heart.

On a personal note i do agree with Tim lol i went out with a girl who had a jar jar bag, nearly finished the relationship there and then.

Lol I'll have to hear a liitle more about this story at the end of the month!

ori-STUDFARM

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on October 16, 2011, 01:10:38 PM
Drop.....dead.....fred..... Me and you need to have a good chat when we meet up in October

That means you either love it and can't wait to talk positively about it, or you can't stand it and are ready to throttle me for as long as it takes to make me see sense...

....or maybe you love it, but forgot all about mentioning it on the Rick and Ade episode of Waffle On and are going to throttle me for not mentioning it to you before the record...

Meds

I mention drop dead free, oh yes we mention it....... ;)

Rico

I guess a new trailer for this is out and floating around.  You can see the trailer in theaters with "The Three Musketeers."  A version is below (I have no idea why the color is off in this).

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D - Trailer

billybob476

Interesting that they don't mention the 3D until the end.

Bryancd

LOL! They certainly managed to find every scene of stuff flying at you for the trailer! I am so psyched to see this..

ChrisMC

I think if converted well, Phantom Menace will be a real treat to see in 3D, there's just so many cool things going on effects wise in that movie. I'd go anyway because when Star Wars is on the big screen, I GO.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Russian poster featuring CGI Yoda.   :yodaxmas

turtlesrock

I'm wondering why they chose to convert episode 1 to 3D and not, say, episode 4 or 6. was it that episode 1 had more opportunities to use good 3D? or is it that more 3D renditions will follow, and that they just wanted to go in kinda a chronological order?

X

Quote from: turtlesrock on December 20, 2011, 08:53:08 PM
I'm wondering why they chose to convert episode 1 to 3D and not, say, episode 4 or 6. was it that episode 1 had more opportunities to use good 3D? or is it that more 3D renditions will follow, and that they just wanted to go in kinda a chronological order?
They are doing all of them in order of the story

Rico

The real reason is it's much easier for them to convert a digitally filmed movie like episode one, than 4-6.  The effects are all digital, etc.  Order of the story?  That depends on your point of view.  ;)

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on December 21, 2011, 05:56:00 AM
The real reason is it's much easier for them to convert a digitally filmed movie like episode one, than 4-6.  The effects are all digital, etc.  Order of the story?  That depends on your point of view.  ;)

Yep. :)

Dangelus

Quote from: Rico on December 21, 2011, 05:56:00 AM

Episode 1 was shot on film, 2 & 3 were native digital but 1 was transferred to digital for the Blu-Ray master I think.

I wonder if Lucas is regretting not transfering the movies to 4K (like 90% of movies were doing a decade ago!) instead of 1080p yet? Future proofing, George! :)

Rico

I should have said Ep. 1 was partially digital (a few parts of the film and the I think just about every special effect shot).  It has obviously since been converted to all digital.  And since Eps. 2 & 3 are all digital it's still is easier to convert the prequels than it will be Eps. 4-6.  Keep in mind also that it really depends how Ep. 1 does in theaters on whether they continue to do the other films.  I'm guessing they still will do ok and make their investment back (especially counting future home release sales, digital sales, etc.).

turtlesrock

*yoda voice* much sense this is making, hrm? episode 4, 3D in the future they will make! :yoda