New Series from DC! "DC Universe Online Legends"

Started by WillEagle, March 05, 2011, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

This is a cool new series from DC based on the Sony Online Entertainment game. Written by Marv Wolfman & Tony Bedard. Great artwork! Only 3 issues so far and I just got these from my local comic shop. I lucked out that he still had a #1 left. I plan on reading all 3 issues this weekend.

WillEagle

I forgot to mention that this series is going to be 26 issues released twice a month.

WillEagle

New issue came out Wednesday!!

Rico

Nice cover art.  What are your thoughts on the comic so far?

WillEagle

Very nice cover art and the comics have great art through out. I'll admit I'm not caught up with the current Justice League of America comic so I don't know if they are supposed to tie in together or not. I did find a very short article about this series on Wiki. [spoiler]I like the character selection and the way it came about. Power Girl, Solomon Grundy, Lex Luthor, Mr Freeze, The Atom and others. Just a good mixture of characters. There are a couple of characters I'm not familar with that may be from the game itself. One is named August General. Great story by Marv Wolfman and Tony Bedard![/spoiler] I would like to play this game but it would never play on my pc.
Here is a link for that article.
http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Online:_Legends

WillEagle

Still enjoying this series. Awesome cliffhanger in issue 5!! Haven't read 6 yet but will have plenty of time to catch up on my reading and tv shows since I'm on vacation this week.

Rico

Will, is this series set in another "DC alternate" universe or does it fit in with the main universe?

WillEagle

I'm not reading the current Justice League of America series but basing it on what has happened in the series it must be an Alternate universe. The more I think about it it has to be an alternate universe. Did read #6 and it was awesome! A 9 out of 10! Issue #5 was a 10!

WillEagle

Just read #7 yesterday and have to say my least favorite so far of the series. I believe this issue did use some characters created on the game but thats not why I didn't enjoy it as much. Of course every issue can't be great. I also didn't care for the cover of this issue. Oh, well there's always issue #8.

WillEagle

Also picked this up today at the comic shop. Haven't read it yet. Kinda of a gross cover. I hope I don't offend anyone by posting it.

WillEagle

Issue 8 was way better than 7. Been a really good series so far.

WillEagle

New issue #9 from Wed. Very good issue with another great cover and story! Really liked this one. [spoiler]Green Lantern is in this one, surprise! Also Superman is POed!!![/spoiler]

WillEagle

Guess who makes a cover appearance, besides the ad on top of course. Green Lantern makes the cover again since issue 1. There has been great cover art on just about every issue of this series! The cover on this issue was by Ed Benes & Jorge Gonzalez.

WillEagle

Nice story in issue 10. Sometimes these can jump around in their time periods but this one pretty much stayed with the same one.

WillEagle

Very good issue again a 9 out of 10. Another great cover and a story invoving mostly Superman and Lex Luthor. Has anyone else been checking out this series?? Here is a pic of the lastest issue.