Star Wars reboot - could it work?

Started by Dangelus, March 05, 2011, 12:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Quote from: Bryancd on March 06, 2011, 11:53:12 AM
I didn't see where Meds suggested it should be a yank? In the audio drama there was a lot more story regarding the Princess voyage prior to be intercepted as well as all sorts of machinations between Han and the Bounty Hunters in Mos Eilsey. In fact, I vote for a potential ANH reboot to BE the audio dramas, they are great!
He suggested Viggo a few posts above.

Dangelus

I think somebody should have a good at writing this reboot. I really fancy reading this story now. :)

X

Yeah! We should rewrite a Star Wars Reboot script. Build a cast and send it to Uncle George to hope he borrows some of our ideas!

X

So, back to the reboot. I think that the best thing that they could do was to go from A new hope to empire to shadows to return. I think that having it 4 movies and using shadows to show Luke learning more would go miles in setting up the final movie.

Meds

Well Crowe's not Australian for a start and Two Viggo has a more wisdom feel to him, I can see him being empowered with the force. Plus he's a better actor in my opinion.

ElfManDan

Quote from: X on March 06, 2011, 12:39:11 PM
Yeah! We should rewrite a Star Wars Reboot script. Build a cast and send it to Uncle George to hope he borrows some of our ideas!

A bunch of friends and I tried to write 7-9 when we were young. Though we weren't exactly mature enough at the time. Maybe I'm better now.

wraith1701

Star Wars reboot? Something like this:

Old Man Lightsaber Duel

In all seriousness though, I think it could work, but only after fans like me who remember the original release decide to finally let it go.

And the day I'll let my Star Wars go is when they pry it out of my cold, dead hands.  ;)  :trooper

ElfManDan

iceman

Why not just do the three episodes that haven't been done.

X

Quote from: iceman on March 08, 2011, 12:04:34 PM
Why not just do the three episodes that haven't been done.
Because there were never three that haven't been done. Just like there's wasn't a 1 - 3 before he wrote them before filming. I think he wanted to start in the middle of the story, but didn't have a beginning or an ending outside of a few ideas. He's also saying that the whole franchise is all about anakin. the rise, fall, and redemption. Even though the OT focuses more on Luke than Anakin.

iceman

I always thought there was nine episodes and he didn't do the last three. Was that Just a rumor.

X

Quote from: iceman on March 08, 2011, 01:18:16 PM
I always thought there was nine episodes and he didn't do the last three. Was that Just a rumor.
Yep. it was just a rumor. According to GL the story is done. It was all about Anakin and it reached it's conclusion.

iceman

Feathers

I'd heard the 'nine episode' rumour once or twice but it never seemed ery consistent. I've always though it would be like Babylon 5, season 5 - not quite enough story to fill the space available.

I'd far rather fill some stories into the gaps between movies than remake what we've already got, however.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

ori-STUDFARM

Just saw this on Facebook and was reminded of this thread. I said a reboot could maybe work as an animated retelling of the tale....this is the closest I've seen to something like that. Although I believe it's just a very good fan project...

DROIDS