Osama bin Laden is dead...

Started by Bryancd, May 01, 2011, 07:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtlesrock

Quote from: Feathers on May 03, 2011, 11:06:13 AM
Quote from: turtlesrock on May 03, 2011, 06:39:18 AM
Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on May 02, 2011, 05:52:25 PM
Quote from: Geekyfanboy on May 02, 2011, 02:18:39 PM
This is all I have to say on the subject...

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." - Martin Luther King, Jr

That is the perfect quote.  Thanks for putting things in perspective Kenny.
it makes sense... oh well, what's done is done.
...and the consequences have to be coped with.

It sums up life doesn't it.

sure does. maybe Q's right. maybe we humans are savages.
but (this keeps coming up, doesn't it?) what's done is done.

stonut

i don't know about savages turtle, but we do have a predisposition to destruction, we have between 70-100 thousand years of our species in its present form and what have we developed the most? Weapons, in every era big stronger deadlier. 2000 years ago Romans paid to watch men fight, are we more evolved?. I think not we still pay to watch men fight we just don't call them gladiators. But we do adapt and there are many many good people in the world. Hopefully that will be en ought to save us.

turtlesrock

i suppose you're right. though it's still odd, war and peace and all that.

Blackride

I don't like the celebrations that happened personally. Celebrating anyone's death goes against my beliefs. At the same time I have not problem with the actions take by our govt.. Bin Laden was not a citizen and is not protected by our Constitution. I think brining him in and putting him on trial would be a mess and would put our citizens in a dangerous position.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Redshirt97

: :)Hi all to the forum.  The death of Osama has dominated the news for the past few days.  I heard about it late sunday night when I was returning home from work.  I got a call from my mom on my cell phone and she told me the news.  I could hardly believe it that we finally found him and took care of business.  I have been following the story on and off the past few days.  The thing I found the most intersteding is the fact he  had been hiding out in Pakistan in an area controlled by the government.  He must have inside help there. ???   Well the world is now a better place now that he is gone for good.   :)
I am going with the best information that I have.

Feathers

Quote from: Blackride on May 05, 2011, 04:05:28 AM
Bin Laden was not a citizen and is not protected by our Constitution.

Do you realise how frightening that is to the rest of us who aren't citizens and so aren't protected by your constitution?!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

Quote from: Feathers on May 05, 2011, 12:32:46 PM

Do you realise how frightening that is to the rest of us who aren't citizens and so aren't protected by your constitution?!

I hope you're planning on going on any cruises, you may find yourself 'buried at sea' :)

X

I don't like the celebrations that happened personally. Celebrating anyone's death goes against my beliefs. At the same time I have not problem with the actions take by our govt.. Bin Laden was not a citizen and is not protected by our Constitution. I think brining him in and putting him on trial would be a mess and would put our citizens in a dangerous position.
Well, I'm glad that you don't have a law degree. Even non-citizens are protected by the constitution. That's something that was supposed to be taught in junior high.

Also, there are laws that prevent us from assassinating people, which is why they could only kill him if he posed a clear and present danger.

Do me a favor and don't comment on the constitution if you don't know what you're talking about. It really makes us look bad when things like that hit the web with no support. It probably looks worse for the person saying it when they have to be corrected.

Feathers

Quote from: billybob476 on May 05, 2011, 12:34:54 PM

I hope you're planning on going on any cruises, you may find yourself 'buried at sea' :)

Is assassination an optional extra on cruises too now? Hmmm. I need to decide who to buy some tickets for! ;)

billybob476

Quote from: Feathers on May 05, 2011, 12:47:29 PM

Is assassination an optional extra on cruises too now? Hmmm. I need to decide who to buy some tickets for! ;)

It's an unexpected option :)

I've always been under the impression that assassination implied you were a public figure. Otherwise it'd just be murder.

Meds

Think i'll go to Canada instead ;)

billybob476

Bryancd

billybob476

Quote from: Bryancd on May 05, 2011, 01:29:19 PM
Quote from: billybob476 on May 05, 2011, 01:24:59 PM
Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on May 05, 2011, 01:19:21 PM
Think i'll go to Canada instead ;)

We kill you with kindness.

...and Molsons... :)

Why do you think we're so kind? Then again I do know some belligerent drunks...

Feathers

Quote from: billybob476 on May 05, 2011, 01:10:36 PM
Quote from: Feathers on May 05, 2011, 12:47:29 PM

It's an unexpected option :)

I've always been under the impression that assassination implied you were a public figure. Otherwise it'd just be murder.

Surely that distinction would be up to the legal authority of the territory where the cruise ship was when I was killed?

(In Britain, we'd kill you using volunteers since we can't afford to pay people in public service any more.)