The Sarah Connor Chronicles - spoilers

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 29, 2006, 11:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Whoo hoo.. I had read that they ordered more scripts.. this is even better news...

Rico

It just goes to show that ratings are not the end all be all of a show's fate.  What the executives like or don't like comes in to play too.  Unfortunately most of the time they seem to not like SF much.  I guess we got lucky on this one - for now.

Personally, I think this was a big factor in keeping show around...

Rico

I just found this other cool picture of Summer and had to share it....

moyer777

Last night's show was pretty cool.  It was so fascinating to start to put the human factor into the story.  I mean, we watch shows and we see things that happen every week, but this time we started to see the emotional toll, or lack of, that it puts on the characters.  They became much more real in this episode.  I really enjoyed watching the Mommy terminator trying to be more loving to her "daughter"  wow.  Good show, good action and a very fun set up for the Turk.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

alanp

They keep holding back and I think they need to learn from heroes.  In today's TV world, it's always a sweeps week!

Rico

I liked the last episode too.  Spoilers...............

I had always thought it was John that had killed that guy.  And it obviously has been bothering him - a lot.  Interesting and cool show still.

jedijeff

Yes, it was a cool episode. I did not realize John was carrying so much baggage. Looking forward to the next few episodes as the story sure feels like it is going somewhere now. Looking forward to seeing Agent Ellison dig deeper into the company that he is working for now.

Just a thought on being picked up, I wonder if it has anything to do with the Movie coming out. Maybe they felt if they had Terminator on TV, that it will increases interest for the movie. As well maybe they felt if they cancelled the series, it might reflect poorly on the franchise and the movie coming out.

wraith1701

Quote from: jedijeff on October 22, 2008, 06:12:43 PM
Just a thought on being picked up, I wonder if it has anything to do with the Movie coming out. Maybe they felt if they had Terminator on TV, that it will increases interest for the movie. As well maybe they felt if they cancelled the series, it might reflect poorly on the franchise and the movie coming out.
I think you hit the nail on the head, man.  And I'm glad they decided to continue; this series is getting better with each episode!

Quote from: RicoI really enjoyed watching the Mommy terminator trying to be more loving to her "daughter"  wow.
Yeah; that was pretty cool.  I was wondering what the deal with the little girl was.  At first I thought that she might be some type of 'mini-terminator'.  The truth turned out to be much, much scarier.  The "mom-inator" is turning out to be a really frightening character.  This episode had what has got to be one of the creepiest scenes I've seen on a TV show in a long time:

Mom-inator- "One of my most vivid memories from childhood was writing on butcher's paper from my dad's shop.  I just loved the smell."

Doc- "Really?  What did it smell like?"

Mom-inator- "Cow's blood."  :eekout

alanp

I'm sorry to even ask such a thing but I just have to know if I'm the only one who has had this thought.....  In the first episode, a teenaged boy gets a robot that looks like a hot human female around the same age that is anatomicly correct in every way.  I thought, ummm, I s this going where I think this is going?  And then thought it was a more weird when he time travled naked with his mother and this hot female robot.

wraith1701

Anyone check out this week's episode?  Pretty cool stuff.  The cat-and-mouse between Chromartie (sp?) and the Connors was very well written and acted.. a real tense couple of scenes.  I can't figure out why Ellison would be targeted for termination, though.  Isn't he indirectly working for Skynet right now?

Rico

I liked the episode too.  I get the feeling that there are maybe different factions of Terminators in the future.  Maybe some of them want Ellison dead.

wraith1701

Terminator Civil War.. Sounds like a cool idea.  If I'm following the story correctly so far, Weaver (the T-1001) is trying to nurture an 'infant' version of Skynet, or a Skynet progenitor.  Perhaps Ellison will potentially threaten the progress of her program, resulting in a possible schism in the Machine Intelligence of the future?

Speaking of Ellison, I forget- why exactly is she hiring him?  To keep tabs on a possible wild-card in the Time War?  Or is she trying to see if he has connections to the Connors as well?

jedijeff

I wonder about Ellison as well, you would think if Weaver views him as a threat, she would just kill him, so she must need him for something else. Certainly a lot going on, and more then just the Connors.

moyer777

I liked this last episode as well.  Great writing and acting this week.  Man it was so tense when the girlfriend was talking to the terminator... I thought we'd see the shotgun go into action!

moyer777

What did you think about this week's episode in Mexico? 

What a cool way to do the show from the different perspectives, and wow, great episode.  Very action packed and the story is going to somewhere wild!