The Sarah Connor Chronicles - spoilers

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 29, 2006, 11:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

Got to watch it and it was good.  A tad weak I felt, but overall a good episode.  But hey, they can't all be good. ;)  I can't wait to see more, but 2 weeks???

/cry

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

jedijeff

I finally watched last night, and liked it. I liked how Sarah struggled with having to kill the computer genius guy, but in the end she couldnt and just destroyed his lifes work. I to was puzzled with the picture on the wall, if this is something ongoing, then possibly John/Cameron might have their secrets exposed similarily at some point. Just a guess on my part, as not sure how the girl jumping off the school, strange picture fits into the whole story arc.

MouseSlayer

you did see her perk up when john mentioned the (i forget what it was called) point when machines make better versions of themselves without the aid of humans?

hmmmmm....

either that or by the "unidentified cyborg" maybe she's got a human brain in that steel cranuim.

ex girlfiend maybee. . .  *snicker-snicker*
insert humorous quote here*

Geekyfanboy

Summer Glau: Talks Firefly and Terminator

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: SyFy Portal
Jan-31-2008

Could there be another incarnation of Joss Whedon's science-fiction western "Firefly" on the horizon? Summer Glau says of course: it's a show that is "never over."

"We're very close," Glau said of the cast during a recent press conference with reporters including SyFy Portal. "I get to see Nathan [Fillion] the most because he lives the closest, and I still see everyone whenever I can."

Someone she misses a lot is Jewel Staite, who is now a regular on SciFi Channel's "Stargate: Atlantis," thus spends a lot of time in Vancouver, B.C.

"We all had such a strong bond, and that was my first experience," Glau said. "I didn't even know how to stand on my mark. I blocked the camera all the time, I ran into people, and they still treated me like an equal and as part of the family. I think we would all come back if we got the opportunity."

In the meantime, however, Glau has taken on the role of a Terminator in Fox's "Sarah Connor Chronicles." Unlike costars Lena Headey and Thomas Dekker, who reprised roles originally made famous by the likes of Linda Hamilton and Eddie Furlong, Glau got to take on a role created specifically for the new series. But that didn't stop fans from trying to compare her to a certain state governor.

"Lena and Thomas have done an amazing job, and they're both very brave actors," Glau said. "I completely trust their versions of their characters. It was easier for me, but people still ask me about Arnold Schwarzenegger. No one can possibly compare me to him. He was an icon, and I am doing something very different."

Playing the somewhat emotionally and societally detached Cameron, Glau has had to face an evolution of sorts with her robotic character. Some viewers felt that it was inconsistent of her character to be very human when she is first introduced in the pilot, and then suddenly be more machine than anything else as the series has wore on.

"We were experimenting with Cameron quite a bit, and we wanted her to be able to seem to be human, and we especially wanted John to be fooled by her so that he would let her into his life," Glau said. "So in the pilot, I do act very human, and as I go through the series, it appears that I have taken steps back and acting more like the Terminator that I am."

Cameron is trying to develop more of a human perspective, but Glau says she likes the challenge of trying to achieve a real sense of that, not just one that was programmed to fool John in the beginning.

"Once her cover was blown with the Connors, she was able to drop that persona and become who she really is," Glau said.

It's hard to ignore the similarities between her character of Cameron in "Sarah Connor" and River Tam in "Firefly," but these are still two totally different characters, Glau said.

"They're both kind of foreigners in their surroundings," she said. "River was never good at being able to relate to the people around her, and always seemed to be somewhere else in her mind. And Cameron is the same way. She is from a different place, a different time. She is not human, and she doesn't really know how to relate to people that she is living her life with now."

Will she begin to relate with humans enough to love them? You know, like with John Connor?

"The writers are keeping me guessing," Glau said. "I can't tell you, but I know that [a John-Cameron romance] is a possibility, and I think Cameron does love John in her own way. Her entire existence is to protect him. Her entire purpose in life is to keep him safe and to be with him always, and with that she does love him as best as she can."

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET on Fox.

X

Quote from: MouseSlayer on January 19, 2008, 01:40:56 PM
liked it alot and i hope it goes places. its got a real shot being about the only thing running thats new. although i have one nagging inconsistancy. when the t101 head flys into the timesphere and goes too.  . . i keep hearing Lt Rese cuffed to the chair yelling "surrounded by living tissue" shoulda left flesh on the flying head.  . . eek that sounds gross.

Okay I too was stumped by the whole head thing and the limits of time shift technology then I realised that they had already broken that rule with T2. The T-1000 wasn't flesh at all and only looked flesh in his liquid metal state. That means that they solved that problem at some point.

Vartok

:jemhadar
Well, Terminator has 3 episodes now.  It seems to me to be on of the top sci-fi shows out there and the writing is gritty - people aren't spared!  It also seems that you almost see the actors getting their paces with each episode.  I wonder how they are not affected by the writer's strike unless they had several episodes in the can?

So what do you guys think - TIVO Season Pass  :thumbsup

Rico

I think 4 episodes have aired.  They made 9 total, so there are 5 left to show.  It was going to be 13 episodes until the strike messed them up.  I'm liking it pretty much.  It's on my TIVO season pass.  I do worry still that they are a bit limited in what they can do.  I'd love to see them explore the Cameron character more and get into the whole what is a man what is a machine thing.

Geekyfanboy

I'm loving this series.. so much fun and a great mixture of good story and action. I hope this gets picked up for a second season.. and next weeks episode looks like we get a sneak peek into the future war.. can't wait!!!

Bryancd

I wasn't so thrilled with last weeks episode where they followed that Treminator and his crew to that old base where he was going to store that metal, especially leaving the guy in the minfield. That was dumb beyond comprehension and the secondary characters, the soldier guys, were awful! How do they not find their buddy knocked out in the truck? How fast does that guy buy John's excuse about his dead friends? I did like the FBI story line more, however, but I think Rico's right, the Terminator vs. Treminator stuff won't keep this series going long.

Rico

An interesting episode this past week.  So now John's uncle is around....well maybe.  Got to fix the bullet to the gut first.  I'm still not sure what the school stuff and the suicide girl has to do with anything.  Maybe it doesn't.  Maybe it's just to show Cameron trying to fit in.  Anyway, the show is still holding my interest.

MouseSlayer

so far so good. although someone really needs to invest in armor piercing slugs. whats the use of a gun if it barely slows it down. maybe uncle bob might have something better up his sleeve. oh and that counselor was so fishing for info , you could almost hear the unspoken "did she say anything about me/us". and what happens when mr artist/secret exposer gets his sights on Cameron. this could be fun, just please get better bullets. kevlar couches =$189 . . .12 guage shotgun=$249 . . .Israeli shoulder fired armor piercing rocoiless. . . pricless.
insert humorous quote here*

jedijeff

I am enjoying the show so far. The school stuff with the counselor does seem like a setup to something with Cameron, as I got the impression as well, he was having a relationship with the student, and was fishing for answers. John and the female student with the protective parent I am hoping will turn out to be something more interesting then a 90210 type story line(Opps, Brian Austin Green showed up, so maybe shades of things to come ;) ). Sorry to see the chess guy get whacked, would have liked to see his character pop up more in the series.

moyer777

What did you folks think about last night's episode?  It was way more science fiction for me, I liked the flashes into the future, thought the cgi was great.  Pretty cool storyline.

What did you think?

Oh, I found a good podcast about the Sarah Connor Chronicles, it's pretty fun.
http://www.skynextpodcast.com/

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

I was expecting a bit more from the last episode.  I was hoping to see John in the future.  Maybe we still will.  Also, you have the whole time paradox problem.  Doesn't the future change the minute something in the past changes?  How could Uncle Reese be held prisoner in the future with the computer genius that he goes back and kills?  It gets confusing.  Wouldn't that be changed?

I did like the scene between Sarah's ex boyfriend and Cameron.  "I freak him the hell out!"  Great line!

jedijeff

I thought it was a pretty good episode, I do agree the stuff with Andy Good is a bit confusing, as you would think that Derek killing him in the past will have changed the future quite a bit, maybe we will see a lot of the outcome from that in future episodes. I guess it is a bit forboding as well about Terminators going bad, and the one if the future programmed to protect killing all those people. I guess now the cloud will be hanging over Cameron that the same thing might happen to her.